[ 6 ] double hearts

CHAPTER SIX
❝ secrets ❞

CHAPTER SIX❝ secrets ❞

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

ELLARIA WAS WELL AWARE OF THE COURSE THE WORLD TOOK. Each time she made a decision, instead of helping her grow into her future self, it seemed to backfire. No matter the circumstances, she was always deemed to go back to square one.

    Huffing her hair away, she entered the Great Hall with a rather small demeanor. Her eyes were fixated on the floor, not noticing the pair of eyes that instantly found her delicate and fragile frame. He watched her go, wanting nothing more than to go up to her and start a conversation. After all those years, he didn't get over fancying her, and now that they were talking a bit more, he felt hopeful.

Like almost every morning, Ella walked up to the tables, but there was a problem: her usual spots were taken. Although they were not assigned to her, she thought it was obvious, apparently not. A bunch of fourth years were sitting there, and she was not going to move them away.

Just my luck, she thought, gripping the book in her arms tightly. A knot formed in her stomach at the thought of people looking at her, she tried not to panic—she was safe, she was alright.

Tobias was never one to wake up early. Almost half of the time he came in the last minutes of breakfast and took whatever he could. Ellaria knew he had trouble sleeping sometimes, so she told him multiple times that he needed to sleep; she could be alone for some time in the morning. But now, she was deeply regretting her decision.

She was just standing there, half of her hair tied by a pin, with two strands of her hair falling beside her face. Her uniform was well placed, if you ignored the wrinkled sleeves she had because she pulled them too much. The books were against her chest and her bag was falling gracefully to her side. Her eyes, though, had a tiny spark of anxiety growing with each passing second. She was falling and no one could see.

"You look like you're about to cry" a voice spoke next to her, causing her to flinch and turn towards the source "you alright there, Rose?"

In front of her analyzed her subtlety, the blue eyes of the girl biting into a green apple as her well-placed dual color hair fell behind her back. Her red lipstick was intact as the fruit separated from her mouth. Ella remembered how the girl was giving her tips on how to keep the make up intact last year, teaching her how to properly apply it while the two whispered in the Slytherin dorms late at night.

    "I'm okay" Ellaria lied, nodding multiple times to try to convince both of them.

    Narcissa chuckled softly "no, you're not" she looked at her, the two were the same height, so they weren't towering over each other "where is Harding? Don't tell me he fell asleep under the stairs again"