[ 7 ] mirrored hearts

CHAPTER SEVEN
❝ two slow dancers ❞

CHAPTER SEVEN❝ two slow dancers ❞

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

ELLARIA THOUGHT HER HEART WAS GOING TO BURST. She knew she was safe, but what was the feeling of safety when a cloud of darkness followed you everywhere?

   Her heart was beating at rapid pace, yet she pretended it didn't. Although she felt the urge to bounce her leg against the ground or close her eyes. But she couldn't. She wasn't alone. So, she pretended everything was okay. What was the saying? Fake 'til you make it? Everything was under control. She was fine, she was okay.

Everything was going to be okay.

Ella looked to her right, where Sirius was staring at the cauldron with concentration. For a moment, she thought maybe he developed psychic powers and was about to demonstrate how to accelerate the construct of time. But he remained in his seat, watching the flames.

Sirius must have felt her gaze because he turned to her and smiled. Ella smiled back and looked away pretty quickly, embarrassed.

The two were in the second-floor girl's bathroom. They needed a quiet place away from the eyes of students and professors when making the potion, so Ella suggested the lavatory. She had been there countless times to calm down or sometimes to give Moaning Myrtle company. Myrtle didn't mind her presence; it was sort of comforting. Ella always brought a peaceful and calm aura with her.

Though Sirius wasn't as enthusiastic about the idea, he followed her like a lost puppy. He watched as Ella greeted Myrtle like an old friend and asked to keep their meeting a secret. She agreed without a second thought. Myrtle went along her way and only came out of her stall to talk briefly to Ella.

Now, as the full moon slowly lingered on the horizon, they waited for the last moment of their potion to be completed. He was amazed by how much Ella knew. One would have thought she had invented the process by how familiar she was with it.

Sirius didn't know that her father made the same potion for himself and his daughter when the night felt a little too dark on those moonshine nights.

"Did you tell your friend about this?" Sirius asked, turning his gaze from the flames towards the girl.

Ella shook her head "I told him I was tutoring you for potions, so you better study for the next exam" the corner of her mouth went up, taking it with humor.

Sirius chuckled "don't worry, I'll keep your reputation clean"

The two went back to silence, and they stared at the contents of the cauldron. Even though Ella was the primary maker of the potion and he was the errand boy, the two watched the liquid with pride. It began to turn from gray to blue, and in a breathtaking second, it seemed to come alive when the color was finalized by turning purple.