[ 3 ] aching hearts

CHAPTER THREE
❝ lingering eyes ❞

CHAPTER THREE❝ lingering eyes ❞

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

ELLARIA HAD A SMILE ON HER FACE. It felt good wearing the tidbits moments of happiness life gave her. She cherished the instances of content that she encountered, because she didn't know when it would be the next time the feeling could appear again.

As she put her stuff on the bag, she was thanking whatever was out there for making her feel that good. Perhaps it was spell, a curse or even a misunderstanding. Whatever it was, she hoped it happen more often. There was a fuzzy feeling in her stomach, making her light-weighted, almost to the point where she thought she could levitate and fly out of the room.

She turned around, exiting the class, and as she walked closed to the wall, she collided with someone, again.

Quickly, she looked up, hoping she didn't injure the other person. When her eyes met his, her smile grew.

"Remus" she breath out, and steadied herself with the wall "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going"

    Remus chuckled "we gotta stop meeting like this"

    She offered a hand and he quietly took it, feeling an electric feeling traveling down his arm. She smiled, and he couldn't help but do the same, it was contagious.

"You're in a good mood" he noted, and she dusted her bag, nodding eagerly.

"I woke up in a good mood, which has made my day even better" she grinned, showing her white pearled teeth.

Remus analyzed her face, seeing the shine in her eyes "I'm happy to hear that"

She nodded, and watched as the students passed them, going to lunch. She turn to see him, the smile still intact in her face "are you going to the Great Hall?"

Remus' smiled faded a little, and she was quick to noticed the change in his demeanor. He shook his head, but acted in a calm way, not wanting to give away anything.

    "No, I uhm" he scratched the back of neck, trying look at anything to help him focus "I'm going to the hospital wing"

    Ellaria raised her eyebrows in surprise "oh, are you getting sick?"

    "Yeah" he said quietly, and she instantly heard his heart beat increasing, meaning that he lied. She was a little hurt by that, but she was no one to accuse or demand anything from him "I'll see you later?"

    "Of course" she answered softly, and watched as she went around, towards the opposite direction she was heading. She looked down, but before she could walk away, she turn again "Remus"

    He stopped at the sound of his name on her melodious voice, and turn to see her with expectancy. She smiled gently.

    "I hope you feel better"