Chapter Twenty-Nine: Hands All Over

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS HEAVY SEXUAL CONTENT. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED*

Hawks slumped down onto the break room table, stretching his arms out in front of him and resting his chin on the surface as he let out an uncomfortable groan. "Oh man, I'm stuffed."

Misaki slid him a sidelong glance, lifting a couple of dirty dishes from the tabletop as she remarked, "You didn't have to finish everything."

He slid his eyes closed and breathed out a heavy sigh before whining, "You know I can't say no to good food, Misa-chan."

Turning away to hide her smile, Misaki closed her eyes and subtly shook her head as she thought to herself, 'Some things never change...'

Chuckling softly under her breath, she headed off to the kitchen to pass the dirty dishes off to the sidekicks who'd taken it upon themselves to handle the cleanup. Endeavor's Agency had employed over thirty or so sidekicks before the PLF battle; now, they were down to less than a handful of remaining heroes, including Endeavor himself. Most of Best Jeanist's sidekicks were still going strong, but they were being delegated to areas where many hero agencies had abandoned their posts. The ones who were left were already spread pretty thin as it was, and it only seemed like more and more heroes were dropping like flies with each passing day.

The Todoroki family had taken their leave shortly after they'd finished eating in order to get back home before it got dark. They had a lot of packing to do in preparation for their move into the shelter at UA the next morning. Shoto had called the school to work out an escort for them after everyone had finally agreed to the temporary relocation. They had offered to drop Misaki off at her apartment on the way, but she'd elected to remain behind instead. She hadn't had much of an opportunity to spend any time alone with Hawks, not while he was conscious at least, and she wanted to make the most of whatever time they did have while she could.

As she stepped out of the kitchen to make her way back toward the break room, her phone suddenly began to vibrate in her pocket. She fished it out and glanced down at the screen inquisitively before pressing the green answer button and bringing the device up to her ear.

"Mirio-kun?" She asked with a curious lilt to her voice.

"Hi there Misaki-san!" The exuberant are you teenager's cheerful voice replied.

"Is everything alright?" Misaki followed up, a little concerned as to the reason why the newly rewound hero would be calling her so late in the evening.

"As well as can be expected, I guess." She heard him let out a small, nervous-sounding chuckle before continuing, "I was actually calling to see if you'd moved into one of the shelters yet?"

"Oh, um, no, not yet," she stuttered in reply.

It wasn't like she hadn't considered it. After nearly being robbed and assaulted in her own home yesterday, the idea of moving to a shelter should have been pretty appealing to her. However, she also knew that she would be moving there by herself. Hawks had already told her that he was planning on getting back to work, with or without his wings. She wasn't sure what Shira had planned for her new job, but considering how the meeting with the Prime Minister had gone that morning, she had a feeling that she was going to end up being pretty involved in hero work again. Call it wishful thinking, but she was kind of hoping that she'd be able to work at the agency in a back-office capacity while Hawks and the others worked on tracking down the League.

"Well, I was hoping that you might consider moving in here," Mirio's hopeful-sounding voice asked after a brief pause.

Misaki cocked her head to the side and blinked. "To UA?"