VI

-Hatake Kakashi

Naruto yawned as he leaned up against a tree. It was currently 10 in the morning and Kakashi still wasn't here.
Mito, Mizo and Sakuras stomachs growled and they groaned in distress.

"When the hells that sensei coming?! I'm fucking hungry!" Mito growled.
"That's why I ate." Naruto hummed.
"Well good for you!" Sakura yelled.

Sasuke looked down at Naruto who seemed to be dozing off. He nudged Naruto with his foot and his nose scrunched in discomfort.

"Hn?"
"Because I'm the jinchuriki."
"Hn."
"Yep I'm amazing."

Sasuke kicked Narutos side. He groaned as Sasuke crouched.

"Thats not what I said and you know it." He hissed.
"But others don't." Naruto smirked.

Sasuke looked at him annoyed. Naruto rubbed his side as leaves fell onto them. They looked up to see Kakashi who waved. Naruto covered his ears when Sakura screamed, "You're late and I'm hungry!"
"I brought food." Kakashi held up five bentos.

Naruto and Sasuke quickly got to their feet. They may have eaten but they would never decline a meal.

"But first you have to get these bells from me and you have until noon." Kakashi set a clock and put it on a stump.
"It starts now."

Naruto and Sasuke jumped away with the other three following.

"Need those bells." Sakura drooled and Naruto stepped closer to Sasuke who stepped farther away.
"Than what do we do?" Mito questioned.
"Get the bells." Mizo growled.
"You're such a genius." Naruto sarcastically stated.
"Hn."
Mizo glared at Naruto and ran out from the bushes. Naruto face palmed when he tried to attack Kakashi.

No more than five minutes later was Mizo soaking wet and climbing out of the water. Mito ran out to help her brother but a trap caught her ankle, pulling her upside down.
Naruto sighed.
He went to say something to Sakura but noticed Sakura was gone.

"Are you serious?!" He growled.
"Whats wrong?" Naruto fell out of the tree with Sasuke jumping to another one, his hands prepared to do a jutsu.
The bells jingled and Narutos ears flicked.

"Kit." Kurama warned.
"They're coming.. I can't go, no, no I can't."

Naruto began to shake. The bells jingled again as Kakashi jumped away. He bit his thumb and ran it across the ground around him. Vines grew around him as his eyes turned red.
The jingle rang in his ears. He grabbed his shoulder as pain surged through the curse mark.

"Don't.. please don't."
Naruto pulled his jacket off to only hide his head as the mark began to turn red. He clenched his shoulder, just trying to keep the hunger down.

"Naruto? Naruto!"
"No!"

Naruto tried to push Sasuke away but he was quicker and grabbed his wrist. Sasuke forced Naruto onto his back and held his wrists down, his legs straddling Narutos waist.
Sasuke was stunned as he stared into Narutos terrified red eyes. He went to let Narutos wrist go but forced it back to the ground when he saw Naruto was going to attack.

"Please.. please don't." Naruto whimpered.
Sasuke looked at him confused but pulled his wrists together and laid his free hand on Narutos cheek.
"Naruto you need to snap out of it, nothings going on and we need to get those bells."
"Bells, the bells."

-11 years ago

"What do you hear Naru-Chan?"
Naruto concentrated with his eyes closed. ".. the jingling of bells."
"Good.. now what do you hear?"
Naruto flinched as he began to shake. He shook his head.
"Tell me what you hear Naru-Chan."
"No.. No they're being hurt, I need to help."
Naruto opened his eyes and turned around to stare in horror.

"Naruto!"
"M-mom!"

Naruto ran toward Kushina as she reached for him. Narutos eyes widened in horror as he watched Kuramas claw pierc through Kushina.

"No!" He screamed.

Orochimaru watched fascinated as Narutos curse mark shifted into the second stage and lit a bloody red.
Narutos eyes shifted from the three tomoe sharingan to the mangekyo sharingan to the enternal sharingan and his left eye shifted into the sharinnegan.

Blood covered Narutos clothing and hands in seconds as one of orochimarus assistants fell to the ground lifeless, though to Naruto..
that was Namikaze Minato, the one who watched his mother die.

The jingle of bells rang once again before he fell limp into Kabutos arms.

"Naruto!"
Naruto looked back at Sasuke, tears flowing like the river though he still muttered, "no.. no don't, please don't take her!"
"Who Naruto?! Who?"
"No!" Naruto cried as the vines closed in on them.

Sasuke let his wrists go and pulled him into his chest.
"No one's doing anything Naruto! Naruto you need to snap out of it!"

Jingle.
Naruto tore Sasukes shirt, his tears dampening the front.

"Naruto?" Sasuke breathed.

What was Naruto hearing to make him this way? Why was he acting like this?!

"Kakashi!" Sasuke yelled truly scared for his teammate/mission.
"Why?!"

Sasuke coughed as his back slammed into the solid vines. He grabbed Narutos arm as the blonde was seeming to try and choke him.

"Why didn't you do anything?!"

Sasuke tried to breath but Narutos grip only became tighter. He reached into his back pouch and threw two balls at Naruto. They exploded in his face and Naruto stumbled back, coughing violently.
The vines fell as Sasuke caught Naruto.

"... what the fuck?"