Pancake

"Go to sleep, Tommy."

My body grew heavy, my arms turned to lead. Techno was right, I should go to sleep. The pain should cease as soon as I fall asleep, right?

***

Ghostbur shook me awake. I awoke with a gasp, my nightmare ending. I was on Carl, Technoblade's horse. I could hear Ghostbur asking if I was OK, but I couldn't answer.

***

The cold air nipped at my nose as I was pulled down from the saddle and carried into the house. The smell of freshly baked bread, dusty books, red apples stored in crates, and a smokey fire wafted into my nostrils. Just like Philza’s old house.

***

Stairs.

***

Bed.

***

A soft kiss on the head.

***

Sunlight slanted through the window as Tommy stirred. He was covered in a soft yellow quilt, and wore a sleeveless pajama shirt and a pair of woolen pants. He shivered in the cold morning air. Where was he?

The boy tried to sit up, but fell back onto the mattress. Extreme pain shot up his arm, and Tommy looked over. A bandage was wrapped neatly over his left limb.

Then Tommy remembered. Dream, his wings, Technoblade and Phil, everything.

Tommy put all his weight into his right arm and pushed himself up. He looked out the window at the beautiful snow, almost blinding in the sun. The glass was frosted, creating icy curves and patterns. The Avian smiled, tracing his finger across a certain swirl.

The boy swung his legs out of bed, wrapping the yellow quilt around him. His feet touched smooth wood floor. Tommy giggled in delight. It had been a while since that feeling. He stood up and walked down the stairs.

The sound of something fizzling on a pan met Tommy’s ears. Philza smiled at him from the stove, flipping a pancake over. "Hi Toms. Like your new house?"

Tommy looked around in awe. The cabin was a beautiful rustic aesthetic. Vines wrapped around support beams, and wide windows let sunbeams onto the floor. Tommy smiled, nodding vigorously. He made his way to a table set for two and sat down. Phil crossed the room and slid a plate of pancakes under his son's nose. Tommy inhaled the scent and proceeded to shove the first one into his mouth. Phil burst into a fit of laughter. "Wha?" Tommy looked at the man in confusion, mouth stuffed with pancake.

The door slammed open and Techno appeared, covered in his signature red cloak and a mismatched knitted scarf. He stomped the snow off of his boots on the floormat and pulled down his scarf, sighing in relief. He crossed the room to a chair and pulled it over to the table, plopping down. He picked up a fork and stabbed one of Tommy’s pancakes, taking a bite out of it. "You owe me," he muttered through chewing.

The pigging hybrid looked down at Tommy, examining the scar that ran across his face. Tommy saw him looking and tried to cover it with his hand.