Plans

Dream strode down the hallway, Wilbur close behind. "I want him broken, Soot. I want him to be a monster when you are finished with him, only relying on me. You'll do your best, correct?"

"I assure you," Wilbur said, grinning. "I will break him down 'til his last breath. How do you want him treated? Physical? Mental? Or shall we just leave him in his little cell to rot until he's begging on his hands and knees for you to give him even a glance?"

Dream's face dropped suddenly, and he turned to his companion. "You... don't find this at all wrong, do you Wilbur? I mean, he is your brother."

"Tommy has done nothing for me but be a pain in the neck. You saved me from Hell, and I show my thanks to those who treat me kindly," Wilbur replied.

Dream gulped. Why did Wilbur come back all messed up? What had death done to him?

"Whatever tactic you think is best. Just keep Tommy weak."

"Yes sir."

Don't trust him, Dream thought as Wilbur turned a corner in the hallway and disappeared.

He doesn't trust me. Wilbur but his lip, wandering away to his room.

🪶

Philza trudged through the snow, calling out his sons' names. Tommy had warned him. Tommy had warned everyone, why didn't they listen?

"Tommy, Ghostbur! Dream, come out and give me back my sons!"

It had been days since he had wandered away from the rest of the search group, and their voices no longer echoed through the trees.

The tears on Phil's cheeks froze on the way down, and his hair and hat and shoulders were covered in cold snow.

Thwang!

Thunk!

Phil found himself pinned against a birch tree, an arrow shot clean through his arm and his good wing. A weakness tipped arrow, he assumed, because his entire arm, chest, and neck were completely numb the time the archer made their appearance.

It was Tubbo.

Suddenly, the entire forest around him was full of L'Manburgians, all armed and aiming arrows at him. Philza rolled his eyes and chuckled as Tubbo approached him.

"Gee, thanks for shooting my good wing. Now I couldn't fly even if I wanted to."

Tubbo glared at him and then spoke up, "Sorry about the greeting, Philza Minecraft, but you'd run away if we tried anything else. We won't hurt you if you cooperate, so just stay still and everything will be fine."

Phil burst out cackling, and Tubbo backed up.

"You think I'd trust you of all people? Think again, you stupid government-obsessed goat."

"Hey!" Another soldier stepped forward- Fundy. "Don't insult Tubbo!" The fox raised his sword, about to slash at Philza, who brought his arm up in defense, but Tubbo raised his hand.

"Fundy, I'd prefer it if you don't kill your grandfather until after we take down Dream."

Phil slowly lowered his arm, and Fundy did the same with his sword. Tubbo sighed.

"We camp here," he called out to the other L'Manburgians, who immediately put away their weapons and opened backpacks, pulling out cloth for tents, food, etc. Two pulled out some rope and approached Philza, yanking the arrow from his shoulder and tying him to the tree. Phil winced at the pain, but stayed quiet. Tubbo smiled. "Let'smake a deal, Phil," he said.

"I don't make deals with L'Manburgians," the Avian replied. Tubbo laughed uneasily.

"L'Manburg's destroyed."

Philza’s eyes widened and he fell silent. L'Manburg? Wilbur’s country? Destroyed?

He wanted this, right? So why was he not happy? It was a horrible country, after all. Wilbur had fought for it til the death. Wilbur died because of it.

"We have a common enemy, Phil. Dream destroyed L'Manburg, and I want justice."

"You call your old country justice?" Philza spat. The goat hybrid sighed.

"We all loved it. Even you did, at some point. Anyway, I heard you calling for Tommy and Ghostbur. Dream has them, right? So let's join forces. I won't hurt the Arctic Commune, I promise. We all want Tommy back. And we all hate Dream," Tubbo said.

Phil grimaced, looking away.

"Philza Minecraft, look at me. Please, consider it. If you don't, we'll have no choice but to kill you and those who you love."

"Fine," Phil whispered. "I'll consider it."

Tubbo grinned. "Good. Just so you know, I live in Snowchester, now."

The ex-president began to walk away, and Philza’s expression changed from digust to worry. "Aren't you going to untie me?" he called out. Tubbo stopped and turned around, his face void of any feeling.

"We can't let you run, now can we?"

Phil groaned, resting his head against the tree. Might as well get comfortable, it was going to be a long night.

The sun set over the forest, and Philza closed his eyes, drifting away from reality and into a dreamless sleep.