Taken

Fundy coughed, his eyelids fluttering open. He sat there, in the midst of a caved in building, giant slabs of the roof all around him. Above, patches of darkened sky peeked through the rubble. An obsidian grid loomed high above L'Manburg.

A heavy weight on his chest caused him to look down at his ruined suit, and his breath lodged in his throat.

Tubbo lay across his chest, the president's eyes closed and their body still. A giant peice of the ceiling covered him.

"T-Tubbo?"

Fundy reached up, shoving the slab of marble off of Tubbo with all his might. It crumbled to peices after the first shove, rolling off of the two bodies. Fundy pulled himself to a sitting position and cradled the younger boy against his chest. But Tubbo still stayed unmoving, his breath gone.

No. Nononononono-

"Help!" Fundy screamed, hoping that somebody, anybody, would hear. His legs were numb, but he tried to stand anyway. But nothing worked. Finally, he gave up and pulled himself over to a fairly empty peice of ground, dragging Tubbo with him. He rolled the boy onto his back and began to push his hand up and down against their chest. After three shoves, he bent down and preformed the rest of the CPR procedure. "C'mon, Tubbo. You better not lose your final canon life because of this."

Suddenly, his large fox ears twitched, and a faint voice shouted out, "Fundy! Tubbo!"

"Over here!" Fundy screamed, then continued to preform CPR.

Footsteps echoed through the debris, and finally a figure could be seen rushing toward him.

Jack.

"Jack! Jack, quickly, Tubbo needs help. He- he jumped on top of me before the building exploded. He's not b-breathing."

Jack's grime covered face twisted into a grimace, and he kneeled beside the president. Pushing with all his might, he gave Tubbo's chest one big shove.

Tubbo's eyes opened wide with shock and pain, and he let out a strangled cry. Jack covered the boy’s mouth and held a finger before their eyes, moving it this way and that. Tubbo followed it.

"He's alright," Jack sighed, and picked the teen up. "Are you, Fundy?"

"Never worse," the fox replied groggily. His companion nodded.

"Is everyone ok?" Fundy said, grabbing Jack's arm and leaning on it. Jack grunted in a positive reply.

"Put me down," Tubbo mumbled.

"You can't walk."

"You haven't even tried me."

"You got crushed by the biggest building in L'Manburg."

Tubbo sighed, his head falling back. Jack pushed it back up. "You suck," the president said, and this time his head fell forward.

Jack pushed it up.

"Careful there, Tubs. What happened to your neck, your head keeps wobbling around." Tubbo rolled his head to the side to get a better view of Jack's face and raised an eyebrow.

Jack pushed the boy’s head back up.

"Oh my- just leave me be, Jack!"

"No," Jack replied, grinning. "Is there anything you can do about it?" He reached over and grabbed Tubbo's scalp, pushing him around so that the teen shook his head. Fundy snorted with laughter.

Two months after the escape from L'Manburg...

Tommy was getting worse by the day. Phil's wings had almost been ripped clean off when the boy had gone rabid one morning.