000 , prologue

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

DEVIL'S DAUGHTER , voidfaye000

000. the accident

GATHERED near the edge of the woods of the small town of Mystic Falls was a big crowd of teenagers, celebrating the end of their school year. Music was blasting loudly through the forest as scents of alcohol and smoke floated through the air. At the very edge of the party stood a 5 ft 4, dirty blonde haired girl, who was holding a cup of spiked punch. She had a small smirk on face as her blue eyes glazed over ever so slightly. "Just half an hour more, Ria, and they'll be gone from this world," she muttered quietly to herself as she took a sip of her drink.

     "My, my. Talking to yourself again, Aster?" A voice teased before a beautiful brunette came into view. "The teenagers are going to think you're insane."

     Asteria rolled her eyes at the comment, before responding, "Let them think what they want, Dezzy. I don't give a damn about what they think. Besides," she pauses and lifts her drink into the air, "I've been drinking. Let them think I'm drunk."

     Destiny threw her head back as she laughed, drawing lustful stares from many people. "If you say so," Destiny smirked, grabbing the cup out of Asteria's hand and taking a sip herself. "Are you ready for the night to end?" She questioned while pulling Asteria back into the crowd.

     Asteria grinned with a smile full of malice and nodded, "A hundred percent ready."

     "Good," Destiny spoke, a dark smile rising on her face, "Because I see a dark haired blood sucker speaking to your precious sister."

     Asteria rose an eyebrow in surprise. "Oh? And is that where you're dragging me to now?" She questioned, even though they both knew the answer to that.

     "Precisely," Destiny nodded, pushing Asteria out of the crowd, allowing her to see her sister standing by herself, looking to be in a daze, in the middle of the road.

     Before either girls could say another word, the sound of a car approaching was heard. "I guess this is my queue," Asteria muttered, a scowl starting to form on her face. As she took a step forward, a hand grabbed her wrist, stopping her from leaving. Turning around slightly, she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Dezzy?"

     The brunette in question nervously bit her lips as her forest green eyes darted to the arriving car before landing back on Asteria. "You'll make it out of this safe and sound, right?" She questioned worriedly. The fear of losing her best friend engulfed her very being.

     Smiling reassuringly, Asteria promised, "I won't even get a scratch." Before she could utter another word, a voice bellowed out, "ASTERIA! Get in the car, now!"