002 , mr. self-righteous

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

DEVIL'S DAUGHTER , voidfaye002

002. mr. self-righteous

WALKING into the school, the best friends walked through the crowd to their lockers. As they approached their lockers, they heard a loud, peppy voice exclaim, "Elena!" A tall blonde entered their view as she stopped in front of Elena. "Oh my god. How are you?" She pulled Elena into a tight hug, causing Elena to lightly grimace.

     "I'm fine, Caroline," Elena gritted out, pulling herself away from Caroline's grip and giving her a fake smile. "Much better now, thank you."

     Caroline opened her mouth to say something else, but her eyes caught onto another figure. "Asteria!" She screeched, fully releasing Elena and running over to Asteria, "You're here! How are you?" She rambled as she pulled Asteria into a suffocating hug.

     Destiny rolled her forest green eyes as she reminded, "Don't suffocate her, Caroline. My little Aster has a fragile body."

     Caroline immediately released her hold on Asteria and began apologizing, looking terribly guilty. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry, Asteria! I forgot how tightly I hug people."

     "It's fine," Asteria assured Caroline with a gentle smile. "The hug was quite comforting."

     Caroline perked up. Her baby blue eyes lighting up with joy and she cheered, "I'm glad! I have to go now. I'll see you later!" Spinning around, Caroline flipped her wavy hair over her shoulders. Looking back, she called out, "I better see you at practice after school today, Ria!" As she walked away, she remembered someone else and added, "And you too Elena!"

     Asteria giggled lightly as she made eye contact with Destiny. "She's adorable," Asteria said, causing Destiny to scoff.

     "More like annoyance, Aster, and you know it," Destiny grumbled with an eye-roll as she flicked her bangs out of her face.

     Flicking Destiny's nose, Asteria complained, "Would you stop rolling your eyes?"

     Before Destiny could reply, Elena walked over with Bonnie trailing behind her. Smiling softly at her sister, Elena asked, "Hi Ria, how was your ride to school?"

     Ok, now she wanted to roll her eyes. Facing Elena, Asteria gave her the sweetest smile she could muster and replied, "Oh, Lena, it was fantastic. Destiny told me all about her newest obsession."

     "Hey!" Destiny muttered, placing her hands over her heart in an offended manner. "If I recall, you found it more than entertaining!"