Snuggles

Now, I'm lazy so I didn't check, and I'm not gonna, but this is a continuation of Rory and Jake's last chapter.

Let me paint a picture, two teens alone in a house. (cuz that's still happening, i'm over tired and un medicated, fight me) One teen is older than the other, one is shy the other isn't easily flustered.

Jakes POV

We're currently lying in Rory's bed, her parents having left hours ago. Rory's a 'safe' distance away, her words not mine, cuddled up with a book.

"Rory?"

She hums in response, not looking up from her book.

"Why are you wearing one Snoopy sock and a Tweety sock when I can see the other pair to both?" I ask, looking at her laundry littered floor.

She pauses reading and looks up, her green eyes piercing my blue ones.

"Jake, we've talked about this. If you mention that my room is messy while I'm in it, I will kick you out."

"I remember, I just don't get why you don't clean it. It's just laundry." I'm not kidding either, besides the odd paper, it's jut shirts and pants she says she's going to wear again before her mom does the laundry.

She raises her eye brows. "If you remember, then you should remember that I always make good on my promises."

"What about the promise to help organize your dads bookshelf?"

"That is an entirely different kind of promise, that is when child and parent have a mutual agreement to make empty promises to one another." She sniffs.

"Alright, alright."

Time skip/Page break

Rory's POV

The first time Jake was in my room
it was terrifying, I was a nervous mess. Now I think I've reached a point of chill, I just have to make sure I don't have my underwear drawer open or something before he goes in.

"Rory." Jake begins, I look up from my perch at the head of my bed, glaring slightly that he has the nerve to interrupt my Sarah Dessen novel.

"What?" He asks. "Don't look at me like that."

"Like what? I'm not looking at you like anything." I sputter.

"Your looking at me like I killed your dog."

"Well I don't have a dog."

"That-"

"Are you implying that I would kill a dog, Mr. Harrison?" I ask in a haughty voice.

He falls back on the bed sighing, smiling though. "Rory, I just wanted to know if you wanted to come closer."

"Why? So you can read over my shoulder?" I tease.

"No, I wanna snuggle Rory." He pouts, reaching out for me.

"Fine." I say, sighing over dramatically as I let him pull me closer. "But if you read over my shoulder and start commenting you may lose something you love dearly."

"My teeth?" He asks, moving so that I'm more or less in his lap.

"All of your teeth." I say solemnly, opening my book back up to the page I was on.

"You are a very scary women, Rory Swenson, very scary." He teases, pulling out his phone.

Alright so I'm going to try and write more, but because I'm doing on my itty bitty iPhone 5, and not my Chromebook, I'll be writing less and there may be more spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. Anyway, have a lovely day!