Camping in Willow Falls

All of these awesome characters all belong to Wendy Mass. 

David's POV

"So, I was thinking." Tara starts to say. We are riding our bikes to Apple Grove so we can have a picnic.

"Woah, you can think?" I tease.

She glares at me, "Ha, ha. Very witty. Anyway, I was thinking about how we spend so much time together. And I love spending all this time with, I wish we could spend more time together, but I think that we should start to include the others more. You know?" 

I nod, after unpacking all the stuff for the picnic we sit down under the largest apple tree. "What if we went on a camping trip here? You, Amanda, Rory, Leo, and Ray did it once, right?"

She nods enthusiastically, "That would be perfect! But wait... Ray got sent home last week, do we wouldn't have a chaperone."

I frown, "We're in grade nine, that should be old enough for our parents. I know mine would be fine with it."

Time skip/page break

"I'm so glad you thought of this!" Rory squeals, she's helping Amanda and Tara set one of the tents.

"How many tents are there?" Jake asks, he's helping Leo and I set up the other tent.

"I don't know, I'll check." Amanda volunteers. She walks over to the pile of stuff that Rory's dad dropped off. "There are counting those two, we have three!"

Rory grumbles something and Jake laughs, "That would be the work of your Mom, Rory."

I stand up from the finished tent and look at them, "What do you mean?"

Rory goes red, "Noooooo, please. Jake, please." 

He opens his mouth and Rory rushes over and clamps her hand over it. "I said please."

Leo and I both laugh, "Mr. Harrison, I would have thought that you knew better than to mess with Ms. Swenson." Leo jokes. 

Amanda rolls her eyes, "We only need two tents, and now that we're done setting them up we should sit around the campfire."

 I know what your probably thinking, seven kids, a fire. That's a disaster waiting to happen, but do you think that our parents would really trust us that much? Kinda, Tara's family said that she could only go if she brought Emily. Because Emily is sOoOoOo responsible. 

Time skip/page break

Tara's POV

I'm curled up with Emily around fire. We're all enjoying the silence when Leo starts to talk, "Who wants to play truth or dare?"

We all agree to and Leo starts the game, "David, truth or dare?"

David shuffles around on my right for a bit before saying, "Dare. And Leo, keep it clean."

Amanda chuckles before Leo starts to talk again, "Dang it man, you had to say that?"

He sits there thinking about how for a moment, "David Goldberg, you have bravely chosen to do the dare that I, Leonard Fitzpatrick, will give you. Thank you all for patiently waiting while I came up with a clean dare, the dare is... Drum roll please... Ow!" Leo yelps as Amanda bonks him on the head, "Okay, okay, I dare you to do a cartwheel."

No one talks for a moment, then Jake speaks up, "Really, dude? Of all the things you could have dared him to do, you dared him to do a cartwheel?"

Leo shrugs, "Do you have anything better? I am open to ideas." 

No one speaks, so David gets up and moves to a clearing. "How do you do a cartwheel?"

Emily jumps up, "Easy, just do what I do." 

She jumps up and does a couple of cartwheels, "See? Easy."

"Can you do it again slower?" David asks.

Emily nods and does it slowly, over exaggerating the cartwheel.

David nods his head and does a half cartwheel. He ends up falling on his head, but we all still clap politely.

"My turn, I pick... Jake! Jake, truth or dare?" David asks, snuggling closer to me.

  "Truth." Jake says solemnly.

"Okay, who was the first girl you kissed?" David asks.

"Um... My old next door neighbour, Lisa. I was five and she cried afterwards. I felt really bad." Jake admits.

"Wow, man." Leo whistles, "I feel bad for Rory."

Amanda elbows him before saying, "Like your any better."

"Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. TMI, Amanda. I think I'ma go to bed now." Emily grumbles, getting up. 

"Mom said I had to go to bed when Em did, sorry guys." I say, getting up slowly.

(Side note, this game of truth or dare is a true story. Not for these characters, but for me and my friends.)