Sleepover? Really?

Amanda's POV

"Honey, I have bad news. Your Aunt Carol has to go to France for work and someone needs to go look after her kids." Mom sighs, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"So were going to go to New York! Really!" I squeal, I've never been to New York before, but I've always wanted to go.

"Um, no. Your Dad and I will be going to NY. You will be staying with the Fitzpatrick's, Kylie is staying with a friend too."

"I'm staying with Leo's family?" I ask, "Why not Stephanie? Or Tara, or Rory?" 

"Well, Rory's family doesn't have room anymore, and Mr. Swenson and Mrs. Swenson have to go  to a meet with someone who is interested in buying one of their new puzzle designs, so they wont even be home for a while. Tara's father and mother have to go to a book signing in LA, and Stephanie's family is going through a rough time. Your dad and I just learned about Auntie C, we need to catch the next flight to NY. Now, Leo's parents aren't going to be home either, but your dad and I thought that you would feel more comfortable at Leo's than at Tara's aunts." Mom explains.

"When are you leaving?" I ask, not sure I want to know the answer.

"You should only need to pack for the weekend, if you need anything else than you have a key to get back in the house, we'll be dropping you off in an hour. You have your my cell, call Kylie if you need anything." Mom says, avoiding answering the question. "Love you."

Time skip

Leo's POV

"Sooo." Jake says, "You and Amanda are spending the night together, alone?" 

Jake, David, and Conner are currently at my place, gathered in the living room playing video games, like we have been since my parents left two hours ago.

"Dude, its not like that. Were in grade nine!" I mutter, trying not to blush.

David goes into a coughing fit and Conner and I both look up from the TV to see if he's okay.

"Dude, are you alright?" Conner asks, patting him on the back.

"Yeah," he wheezes, "I'm fine."

"Anyway," I say, as we turn back to the game, now sure that David isn't going to die, "You and Rory are spending the weekend alone and I'm not going, ohhhhh."

"Alright, I'll stop." Jake says smiling, "But, as your honorary older brother I say this without all sincerity. No glove, no love."

"BRO!"

Comment of you want more, I've been busy lately with school and don't want to be writing if no one is reading.