The Last Meeting of Team Grace

All of these characters belong to Wendy Mass, the beloved creator of the tiny town of Willow Falls.

POV Rory

"Order! Can I at least have your attention for 5 minutes?" Leo calls, banging his rubber mallet against the hand rest on the Goldberg's couch.

We are all gathered in David's living room for one more meeting, before we start high school at least. David and Tara are cuddling on the other side of the couch and Amanda was trying to teach Leo and I sign language. Conner is curled up in a chair playing a new game on his phone.

"Hello? Earth to people!" Leo shouts, Tara and David look up from whispering to each other. Conner grunts and continues to play on his phone. Grace, Bailey, and Ray were all busy so they aren't here. 

"Now that I have all of your attention, finally." Leo starts, (he had been trying to get everyone's attention for over half an hour). "I have some parting words, I have to cut them short because my mom is making pizza and she might come after me with the pizza cutter if I'm late. My parting words for the last summer meeting of TG, Team Grace, are ''Let us hope that nothing will drive us apart in the year to come, for the challenges that face us are rough and difficult.'"

Amanda and I roll our eyes, "That was little over the top, Leo. What can you think of that will 'dive us apart'?" 

Leo shrugs and I roll my eyes again, ever sense Tara and I told him that we thought he was the sensitive poet type he's tried to be more poetic. 

Conner grunts again, "I can think of something that might 'drive us apart'." He turns to glare at David and Tara, who are currently whispering to each other while they cuddle. Ever since David got used to having his dad around he's spent most of his time with Tara, because he feels like he was neglecting her by spending so much time with his dad.

"I have to go, my mom might actually murder me with the pizza cutter if I'm late. See you all on the bus, and Rory, I hope you enjoy your 'present'." Leo snickers. 

Amanda elbows him in the ribs, "You weren't supposed to say anything!" 

"Say anything about what?" I whine. I knew those two were weird, but this is beyond weird. We usually tell each other everything, well most of the time.

"I should go too, Leo will you be a dear and walk me home?" Amanda asks, Leo shrugs but takes her hand.

After they leave I get up too, "I should go home too." I tell the others. Conner follows me out the door.

"Am I the only one who finds their snuggling kinda gross?" Conner asks, "I don't get to spend any time with him anymore, he's always with Tara. They invite me along, but that's just awkward. Is it the same for you?"

I don't need to ask to know who he's talking about, "Kinda, I guess. I don't know, maybe?"

Conner sighs  when we get to his place, "See you on the bus?" 

"Yeah." I wave goodbye and then carry on. I finally convinced my parents to let me take the bus, all of my friends take it, so why couldn't I? 

When I get home I'm surprised to see the front door open, "Mom? Why's the front door open?" As I walk in the door I trip over something, that something is a box. "Mom! Why are there boxes in the entry?"

I hear people whispering in the kitchen, so that is obviously were I go. In the kitchen are Mom, Dad, Sawyer, and... No. It can't be. He's supposed to be in L.A.

"JAKE?" I squeal. I rush over and practically tackle him in a hug. "What are you doing here?" I ask, my voice muffled.

Dad clears his throat and Jake and I spring apart. "His parents and your a mom and I were talking, when we went to Disneyland last month. His mom wanted Jake to have a normal high school life, no paparazzi or anything. So your mom and I said that Jake could live with us for awhile, you know we have to guest rooms we never use, and his part thought it would be great."

"So, Jake is living here?" I ask slowly, wanting to make sure that I have all the facts right.

"Yes, it was to be a surprise for you." Mom explains.

If you want me to continue, please comment. I don't want to write and have no one read.