moose and goose

───── ⋆ ⧗ ‎✪ ⋆ ─────

I press my hand to the top of the gravestone smiling lightly. I sigh as I sit down on the ground beside the grave. I look to the letters and black widow symbol

Natasha Romanoff

Mother

Daughter

Sister

Avenger

I trace the word Mother and say "I miss you mama. I got the gravestone all fixed for you."

I readjust the things left on the ground around it. My hand skims the angel figurine I gifted Yelena. She placed it here.

My lip quivers and I sit back on the blanket looking down at my case files I was given.

I look down to them and say "I've been on a short leave because of the broken arm... which I have to say healed ridiculously fast, but I have to be on leave from the avengers until I get a pysch evaluation.

So I've been putting that off and just looking through your old case files and reading your reports. I found Clint's report on when you were brought into shield. The big paragraphs blacked out with sharpie are about me aren't they?"

My lip quivers and I say "I wish I knew your side of the story because all I feel right now is alone. My life was a lie and I don't know where I came from. I was a lab experiment and only created to be a weapon. The Russians greatest weapon."

I look down and continue "I want to know Bucky's side of the story but I'm terrified to tell him. Not that he's any threat... it's just so scary thinking about how he would take it. He believes I'm dead.. When he finds out, my life is going to change. I don't know how but it will.

I wanted to know if he was a good father, if you loved him.. if I'm doing the right thing. I want answers and I just... I just want you. I need you. You were the only one to give me answers... answers that I would trust. Because I only ever trusted you... why couldn't you tell me I was your daughter?"

I gulp on my tears and say "I'm visiting Russia soon. Seeking out answers from your mother. Yelena doesn't know much. When I bring you up she acts like it doesn't bother her but it hurts her. She misses you so much.

I'm trying my best to be here for her like you would have wanted but it's so hard. She's coping with humor in any way she can. Anyway, If I don't get answers from Melina I will be seeking out answers from Bucky."

I shake my head and say "I can't believe I resorted to talking to a headstone.. I'm working on getting a dna test run for bucky and I. To solidify the almost indefinite truth... My relationship with Clint has been strained to say the least.

I know he says he loves me but ever since I found out the truth I think he looks at me differently. So many lies in our family. My life was all a lie. And I lost so much time with you because of it. I deserved that time.."