cuatro

Visit Four:

Reason: Check up

Symptoms: None

Time in: 10:45 am August 17th, 2021

Minjeong walked into the room already preparing for the annoyance that was Yu Jimin. She'd even had an extra shot of espresso today.

She got the chart from Ryujin, seeing no notable difference in weight. Her blood pressure was closer to normal than the last visit, and according to what the nurse gathered from her patient, there were no real symptoms. It should have been a quick and easy visit.

But this was Yu Jimin.

Minjeong walked into the office to find the taller already on the examination table, her ankles crossed and hands behind her. She had on shorts and a blue and pink-striped blouse that cut off just above the navel. After two visits to her office, the doctor would think that the latter picked up on the fact that it was almost always freezing. And it wasn't like Karina couldn't bring a sweater into the office to cover up, Minjeong had patients that went as far as to bring in blankets.

It had to be some attention-seeking thing, and the doctor wasn't going to play into it. She would not look anywhere but Karina's eyes.

"Ms. Yu," she greeted.

Karina glanced at Minjeong and hummed before looking down at her hand. Was she seriously going to do this bored act again. Hadn't this same situation happened the first visit at her practice? The smaller thought as she tries her best to suppress an eyeroll.

Whatever, Karina pretending to be bored was better than Karina being completely annoying.

"How are you feeling?" Minjeong asked.

Karina looked up, giving the doctor a small smile. "Good, thank you. Those medicines have really worked, I think."

Minjeong paused, her mouth opening as she fished for a reply, but closing when she realized she didn't have one for that. Karina wasn't supposed to be polite. She was supposed to be irritating, pompous, entitled; literally anything but polite. The doctor squinted, pressing her tongue against the inside of her cheek.

She set up her stethoscope, readying the bell over the idol's chest. "Deep breaths."

Karina's heart was still faster than it should be, but a few pills can't fix everything. "Have you experienced any dizzy spells? Nausea, fever? Things like that?" She asked, moving the bell over to Karina's back.

"No. And I haven't been as tired lately either."

"Deep breath," she said, her body craned around the taller. The brown-haired listened to the quickened thump thump thump, breathing in herself as she did so. She could smell something sweet, almost like apples. It was soothing, but then the smaller realized what she was smelling was Karina's hair, and opting on holding her breath.

Annoying people didn't get to smell nice, and no matter how Karina was acting, she still was an annoying person. Completely irritating and Minjeong would still look nowhere but her eyes.

As Minjeong reached back around she fumbled, her hand brushing over the skin of the idol's mid drift. Very soft skin, but Karina's skin. The doctor jumped back, then let out a slow sigh.

When Minjeong looked up at her patient, there was no real telling expression on her face. And for once, she wished that she would just smirk, or smile, or something.

"I, uh--" She breathed in through her nose. Next time she was tripling that espresso. "Your heart is still going a little fast, so make sure you're taking care of that. But other than that, you're free to go. Though you should be getting another round of blood work done soon."

"Of course, I will do anything the good doctor says."

Minjeong narrowed her eyes, her teeth set in a straight line.

Karina was at the door by the time her doctor went through the words 5 times in her head. She pressed her hand against the frame leaning into it. "And by the way, Minjeong," The said name's head jolted up at her name coming out of Jennie's mouth. "Since I'm going to be a regular patient now, please,"

"Call me Jimin."

With that, she walked away.