cinco

Visit Five:

Reason: Check up, blood work

Symptoms: None

Time in: 10:00 am August 31st, 2021

The idol sat in the chair, tapping her foot against the flooring of Doctor Kim's office. Minjeong. It was Minjeong's office. Minjeong who was 15 minutes late, but still, Minjeong. Jimin had said it to herself a few times, practiced it, making sure it sounded natural on her tongue. She liked the name, or at least, she liked it more than its owner.

This was the edge she could get, this was the small semblance of power. She remembered when she first started out as an idol, really started. Saying someone's name gave you a tie to a person, a familiarity, a closeness. Most people loved it when Karina said their name, they'd blush and get all starry-eyed. But Minjeong wasn't most people.

She was frigid, mean, and closed off. Closeness was the last thing she would want from Jimin, so she gave it to her anyways with one, simple word.

She heard loud footsteps outside of the door and knew it was her, so when the door opened Jimin made sure to smile at her. Minjeong glanced down to where the taller was sitting, gave a small grunt, and looked at her clipboard.

"Blood work today, Ms. Yu," Minjeong said, not bothering to look up.

"Jimin."

"Which arm?"

Jimin glared at her doctor, but the latter wouldn't even look up from her damn board to see the glare, so really she just looked stupid. "Ryujin did it last time, Minjeong."

"Ryujin is our only nurse today and is helping out another doctor. Now, Ms. Kim, which arm?"

"Call me Jimin, and I'll tell you."

Jennie flashed one of her famous smiles, the really cute one she used when she wanted something. The one where she made her eyes go all big and-

"Don't tell me, and I'll restrain you."

Of course that wouldn't work. Karina pouted, folding her arms one over the other. "M-Minjeong, you can't do that. It's not allowed."

"Well, I can refer you to another doctor." She finally looked up at her patient, smiling as she did so.

Dammit dammit dammit.

"You can be so mean..." The patient said with a more exaggerated pout. Going with cute was going to have to be the method today. After all, it seemed to annoy the smaller more than any other variant of herself. Karina sighed, rolling her head right to left. "Left."

Minjeong went to the counter, pulling out a small, black box. Inside were viles and a needle.

Karina felt her stomach drop at the sight. With Ryujin it wasn't so bad because at least she talked to Jimin, however - she didn't expect the same courtesy with Minjeong.

"How have you been feeling?" The doctor asked, flicking one of the needles.

She looked at it and gulped. It was especially unnerving considering the way Minjeong was smiling at her. Like she was going to enjoy this. "Uh... good. I guess."

"Stay still," Minjeong said. She wrapped something that looked like a giant, broken rubber band around her patient's upper left arm tight so that the circulation was cut off. Then with narrowed eyes she looked up and down Karina's arm. Slowly, Minjeong pressed her thumb against the skin of her wrist, pushing down on a popped out blue vein. "You've got good veins."

"I think that's the first time you've ever been nice to me," she said, the cute slipping out of her voice despite effort.

The doctor looked down at her arm again, needle in hand, and stuck her.

" Mmph." Karina forced herself to look away from the needle and tube and Minjeong. Minjeong who was staying dead silent while she was clearly in pain. Jimin never thought she'd miss Ryujin so much in her life.

Karina couldn't even feel the needle anymore, but just knowing it was in her. Each passing second, minute, moment, felt like hours of something draining the blood from her.

And then, without warning, Minjeong jerked the needle out causing the taller to let out a loud whimper. "Hold onto that," She said, positioning the idol's thumb over a small, reddening cotton swab.

She put a bandage over it. "Keep that on for at least an hour. You'll most likely bruise, but if it is any worse than that call--" she paused, biting her cheek. "A hospital."

Jimin gave a faint smile. "Your hospital?"

"Examination table," Minjeong said, gesturing towards it.

The idol stayed reasonably quiet the rest of the appointment. A little tired and, literally, a little drained.