ocho

Visit Eight:

Reason: Check up

Symptoms: None

Time in: 8:00 am October 14th, 2021

Minjeong was starting to realize that she was literally everywhere. It seemed strange that she never paid attention before. Coming into the office every day, she couldn't not see Karina's face on one of the magazines laid out in the waiting room. Pictures of her walking, looking at her phone, buying coffee... vaping (something that now Minjeong only found mildly disgusting). And she always looked so... good.

The doctor saw the one outfit she was wearing, the overalls and brastrap number, on the cover of a tabloid magazine. And it didn't look skimpy, just cute. Karina was cute, and begrudgingly, Minjeong could see the appeal.

Her music wasn't terrible either. The doctor had made the mistake of turning on a mainstream station out of curiosity, and her newest single just happened to be playing. From there, she listened to snippets of other songs.

It almost became hard not to think of Karina, just because everywhere Minjeong turned, Karina was just there, her music, or her face of some random merchandise. So actually seeing her felt weird. Like it was just registering that she actually was a celebrity and not just some bratty patient.

Minjeong said nothing but a short greeting upon entering the room, giving the occasional glance to her patient.

The idol swung her legs back and forth, watching the smaller doctor closely. She could feel it. It made her squirmy, like performing under pressure. And how was she supposed to really act after their last meeting? She should act normal? Right?

"How are you feeling?" Minjeong asked, taking a quick look at the chart and seeing nothing of real significance.

Jimin covered her mouth with her hand as she let out a loud yawn. "Tired. Have you listened to my music yet, Minjeong?"

She whipped her body around. Why did she say that? She brought her hand up to her hair, carefully running through, a brief distraction from Jimin - not that she needed to be distracted or anything. "I- yes. It's kind of hard not to," The doctor said.

Jimin's entire body lifted at that. "Well, did you like it?"

The cool metal of her stethoscope rested in Minjeong's hands as she brought it over to to the idol. "It wasn't bad. Breathe in."

The idol sucked in a gulp of air, then exhaled it all while saying, "Wasn't bad? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you like, incapable of compliments or something?"

She circled the bell to Jimin's back, leaning over her. Like this, she couldn't see her patient's face, but they were pressed tighter together. "Maybe I was just trying to spare you from saying it was bad."

Jimin huffed in, more out of indignance than to help Minjeong hear the steady, but quick pace of her heart. "It is not bad. I don't do anything badly!"

"Except stay still?" The doctor asked, pulling away. She cocked her brow, watching Jennie's face scrunch up in that strangely adorable - wait, not adorable - annoying way she does.

"An idol should never stay still for too long!"

"You're insufferable."

"Just admit you like my music, Minjeong. Everyone does." She placed her hand on her chin, leaning in on it. If she tilted forward anymore Minjeong thought she'd fall, which could be amusing, but also could delay her entire day.

"You're going to fall."

"Answer me."

Catchy, interesting composition - not that she would say it out loud, but good vocals. "It was... okay," The smaller said.

"Okay?" She pouted, gave a small, "Hmph."

Child. "Okay."

"Okay," Jimin said back, her lips twisting up this time. Minjeong didn't like that look, it was devilish, a scheming look. Definitely scheming. But after that, Jimin didn't bring up the music again, settling with tiresome small talk for the rest of the appointment.