nueve

Visit Nine:

Reason: Check up

Symptoms: None

Time in: 10:00 am November 1st, 2021

The CD felt silly in her hands, it looked silly. Childish. Maybe Jimin should have wrapped it, but then it would have came off like a gift. Something she put thought into. What would Minjeong think if she believed Jimin truly cared about her opinion?

On the cover of the CD, the idol had her hands on her hips, a cutesy smile on her face. She looked more like a little kid than a super idol; her hair in high twintails. So in contrast, Jimin wore her hair down to the appointment, not that she cared what her doctor thought of how she looked.

But- okay, she did kind of care. She wouldn't be such a success if she didn't care about what others thought from time to time. So even though Minjeong was rude and stubborn, it still mattered to her.

She played with her hair while waiting for her, making sure it wasn't too frizzy or anything. The CD was unwrapped, she had to ask Aeri for it a few weeks ago since she usually only kept one copy of everything for herself. Well, one of each variant (okay, two). The agent has always sent extra stuff, anyways.

Jimin had only mentioned it was for a new friend, to which her manager annoyingly prodded her. But she couldn't mention Minjeong, her doctor. That would sound weird, even though it wasn't really weird at all. So, she had to convince Aeri that it was only for a friend. In the end the idol didn't think the manager fully bought it, not that there was anything to buy. The doctor wasn't her friend in the first place. 

The idol stiffened when the door opened, then took in a deep breath and stood. She wasn't going to panic about this because there was nothing to panic about. She walked over to the pretty doctor, who watched her with widened eyes.

"Here," Jimin said, shoving the CD towards her. "Now you don't have an excuse, you have to listen to my music."

Minjeong looked down at the CD, opened her mouth but only let out a small hum of confusion. "I-- uh, thank you," She said, looking back up. Her cheeks looked kind of flushed, but other than that she seemed fine.

"It's no big deal," The taller said, waving her hand off. "I mean, I have lots of them at home anyways, I just grabbed it on my way out. It's not like I--"

"Thank you, Jimin. Really," Minjeong said again. She smiled, and Jimin stopped breathing for just a moment. It felt like she was hit in the chest or something. She could feel the moisture on her palms.

"Well, it's the greatest hits. I made sure to get it because it has, uh," Jimin stuttered. She couldn't really say best work, but maybe most popular work?

Minjeong smirked, then said, "Your greatest hits."

The patient rolled her eyes, turning around to sit on the exam table. Smart ass.

"But I guess this means I have to listen to it now," The smaller of the two sighed.

"Hey! This was a favor! No one can resist the charms of super idol-"

"If you say it I'll throw this away. Or; I'll give it to Ryujin." Minjeong pretended to think about it, or at least, it looked like pretending.

Jimin scowled back. "Nice try, but Ryujin already owns it. I signed it for her last week."

Minjeong held her stethoscope out, placing it on her patient's chest. "Yeah, yeah, breathe in."

 The doctor listened intently, tilted her head to the side. Her hair came to curl around thin cheeks, brushing against her neck. "I really wish we could get this heartbeat thing under control. Your pulse is always fast; by any chance, are you doing any physical activity before these appointments?"

The idol swallowed in. "Uh-- yeah. So much working out. It's hard being me, you know. Always have to keep in shape!" That was a lie. This morning she hadn't done anything physical besides pace her apartment a little bit, and after that she'd eaten three donuts.

Minjeong nodded, then pulled away. "Anything out of the ordinary?"

She shook her head no. Although, she was a little less energetic than normal while on her period. But that was the case for most people, probably.

The brown haired walked towards her with the thermometer, sticking it under the idol's tongue. "Temperature is okay - but we're going to need to do blood work next visit."

Jimin blanched at the thought. "But why? If everything is okay?"

Minjeong rolled her eyes. "Don't be a baby. And we don't know if everything is okay just because everything seems okay."

"I think you just like hurting me," She said, pouting with her arms folded over. And then, her jaw dropped because instead of answering, Minjeong just winked. Winked. And Jimin was reminded of how annoyingly attractive her doctor was, and how annoying she was in general, and oh boy. 

What was she getting herself into?