13

[The Offer]

[The Offer]

Please comment and vote:)

CARINA WAS FEELING UNEASY.

She couldn't stop thinking about the vision, it scared her to think that she might die.

Maybe it's wrong?

Carina barely remembered Bruno, the last time she had seen him was the day of Camilo's gifting ceremony. From what she remembered the two were somewhat close, she would always cling at Bruno's side when her parents or Camilo weren't around.

She nervously scratched the back of her neck as she simply stared into space, tuning out the loud voices of teenagers who were definitely drunk.

Besides that, her powers were acting up. It seemed like she barely had any control of her illusions anymore. They just appeared whenever.

I should talk to Mirabel, she might know more.

A sigh slipped past her lips as she snapped out of her daze, she was working alone that day since Maria's siblings had caught a cold.

"Cara, could you go back and get some more glasses please?" Her co worker Paula Palacio asked.

Paula had been working at the bar longer than Carina, she could be nice if she wanted to but often kept to herself. She had curly black hair and cold dark blue eyes, she always wore shiny golden jewellery which she never let anyone touch.

"Sure." Carina nodded, dropping the wet rag onto the counter as she made her way toward the back.

Just as she walked through the dark hallway a hand wrapped around her neck, pushing her back against the rough concrete wall. Carina struggled against the grip until she saw who the person was.

"Ah ah ah preciosa, you're not getting away this time." Diego whispered, his face close to hers as she bit back a snarky remark.

She saw him looking around carefully, he clearly wasn't used to threatening people without his sister around.