15

[Dreams]

[Dreams]

Please vote and comment:)(TW: Mentions of Blood)

(TW: Mentions of Blood)

Everything was dark.

Carina felt oddly cold but she didn't think much of it as she looked around. She felt calm, too calm for her liking as a sudden scream ripped through the air.

She didn't panic, she calmly got up from the wet floor as she walked further into the darkness.

Just then she noticed that her hair was wet, she raised her hand to a strand and gasped softly when the liquid got onto her fingers. A dark shade of red was smudged on her fingers, blood.

It seeped out from the back of her skull, dripping onto the wet floor which resulted in a sickening sound each time.

Carina hummed softly, a smile tugging at the end of her mouth as she wiped the blood onto her golden dress.

She continued walking, the darkness around her slowly starting to grow familiar to her. A giggle slipped past her lips as the water started rising, the black water went up to her neck until completely brining her underwater.

Slowly panic erupted in Carina, she held her breath and tried to swim up to get air but it seemed like a never ending supply of water. Her lungs started burning whilst her heart rate heightened.

Then something caught her eye, a beautiful golden crystal floating right in front of her. It shone brightly, making the water around it glow as well, Carina held out her hand to touch the crystal.

As soon as her skin made contact with the glassy texture, a large energy source flung her back. The water seemed to lessen as Carina gasped for air, the crystal was floating in the air making it hard for Carina to grab it.

As soon as she caught her breath she tried to get ahold of the crystal when it suddenly started floating away.

Carina ran as fast as possible, glass shards were sprawled out across the floor though Carina didn't stop.

Multiple tiny shards cut into her feet as she tried to keep up with the crystal. She was starting to get closer, and closer, and closer until it stopped only inches before her.

She sped up though as she was about to grab it, the floor disappeared completely making Carina fall instantly. She screamed and reached out for the crystal, in hopes of it saving her but she just kept falling, and falling, and falling...

SNAP

Carina jumped up in horror, her breathing uneven as she looked around. The room seemed familiar and gave her a sense of calmness.

It was just a dream.

There was a pang in her heart as she remembered what had happened before.

My mother is dead.

The realisation hit Carina like a truck, she wanted to scream and cry but for whatever reason, she couldn't.

A knock on the door caught her attention, her eyes wandered over to the door which was slowly opened. Her eyebrows knitted in confusion as she saw the two older Madrigal women enter.

"Carina, how are you feeling?" Julieta asked, a comforting smile on her face as she set a plate of fresh food down.

I feel fucking miserable.

"I feel fine." Carina lied, she didn't exactly feel like telling the woman the truth. She felt a strong ache in her head which made her close her eyes tightly.

"Camilo told us everything, I'm very sorry Carina." Pepa voiced, a small dark cloud forming over her head as she wore a frown.

Carina nodded, simply not in the mood to speak anymore as she threw the thin covers off her.

"I should probably go." Carina said quietly, her body felt weak which made it hard for her to stand up.

"No, no, no. Stay in bed Carina." Julieta said, immediately ushering the girl to go back to which to which she obliged.

"You should eat something, you look very pale." Pepa voiced, though Carina barely registered her standing beside her as she felt a sudden wave of tiredness come over her once again.

And just like that she was asleep once again.

This is just a little filler chapter, I hope you enjoyed it! Also thank you so much for +20k reads<333

I might already know what to do for a second part if any of you are interested! It would take part after the Encanto movie and would be an entirely original plot. It would focus more on Carina's powers which might make quite an interesting story.

I hope wherever you are that you're having a wonderful day/night <3

-Star x