Chapter 2 - July & August 2029

We were sitting in the living room reading while we were waiting for our sons to return. Lainie offered to bring them home for us. We had a nice afternoon alone without our sons. I was surprised by what James told me about the two sweethearts and knowing that Jane was a Vanderbilt. More like a distant relative in what I'm learning from the 1920's book I'm currently reading. She has money from the family when they met. I'm learning some of Jack too. I was on the second chapter and learned her name. Now I'm curious to see what she looks like. She's one of the direct heirs of Cornelius Vanderbilt. Jack does not come from old money. He's a self-made man and has "new" money. Sort of like the movie Titanic when Rose met Jack but not since Jane's Jack has a job and earning good money while Rose's Jack is a starving artist. I just hope to get into more detail on Jack soon.

"How do you like the book?" James asked as we read our books. He was reading Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin. James thinks some of the battles are too gory and graphic.

"It's very informative and I'm getting close to the next chapter on Jack. I do know Jane's real name. I suppose you know this by now." I said.

"Yes, I do! What do you think?" He asked.

"I find it interesting she's related to the Vanderbilt family. Her name is Guinevere and with a nickname of Evie. Now I know her initials on her personal items now." I said. "Her fiancé called her Evie. I think Guinevere is a beautiful name considering that King Arthur married a woman with the same name. He married her and Lancelot loved her too." I continued about knowing the King Arthur legend.

"Well wait until you get to Jack's part. His is very interesting and how he made his money." James said. We returned to reading our books. Twenty minutes later our doorbell rang. I got up and answered the door. It was Lainie with our sons.

"So nice to see you guys! Did you have fun?" I said while Grant and Bailey ran inside carrying some party favors.

"They had a great time! Brandon officially turns two on July 28th. Ellen wanted an early party so they could include all of Brandon's friends." Lainie explained. "Are you guys planning on coming to his second birthday for us adults and his family?" She asked.

"Yes, we're looking forward to that this Sunday!" I cheerfully said.

"Good! We're eager to see all of you then!" Lainie said.

"Uh, a question... should Grant and Bailey bring more presents for Sunday's party?" I asked. Lainie laughed.

"They don't have to since they brought presents for him today. Maybe one or two from the family will do." Lainie suggested.

"OK, I think we have something for him for Sunday." I said.

"Good! Well, I need to be going now. Noah is waiting for me. Are all of you going to swim lessons tomorrow?" She asked.

"Oh yes! We're looking forward to them!" I eagerly said. With that, we said goodbye and Lainie left. I didn't realize my sons were standing there next to me.

"We got some goodies! Want to see what we got?" Grant asked, looking up at me. I glanced down and saw they're holding some gift bags with colorful things stuffed in there.

"Sure! How about showing daddy too!" I said. They nodded their heads and all of us entered the room. James was now at a good stopping point in his book.

"Hey, did you two have fun at Brandon's party?" He asked.

"Yes we did, daddy!" Grant said and set down his gift bag. Then Grant jumped on James lap and wanted to sit there with his daddy.

"What did you get at Brandon's party, Bailey?" I asked. Soon he dumped all of what he got from the party on the coffee table. We saw stickers, candy, party hats, confetti, toys and a favor cup. They were all in the theme of Super Mario. Grant did the same with his bag and had to keep them separate from Bailey's.