Chapter 13 - September & October 2029

Saturday Night

We spent some of Saturday night discussing what we will do if it comes to us talking to Gayle's parents. Both of us agreed we should wait until Gayle speaks first to them. She was equally surprised like we were and we mentioned the movie preview at yesterday's dinner.

"Maybe her parents had no choice in the matter. She is a very busy young woman." James remarked.

"Yeah, she is. I would think she would have someone else make major decisions when she's unable to do so. She was more surprised about Steve's book as a movie than we were. So I'm guessing something happened that she knows nothing about." I surmised. I also pointed out her and Arnold's not knowing anything about the preview.

"Guess we should wait for her. Also sleep on it. We shouldn't rush into any major decisions on the matter now." James explained. "Besides it's about nine at night. We shouldn't bother her parents now." He added.

"You're right about that." I said as we watched something on TV.

"Let's go to bed a little early. We need our sleep especially after what happened at Scott's and now this. I'm sure you need to rest. We have that baby to be concerned about and you too. We're stressed and somewhat flustered now. We need to slow down and catch our breath before I lose my mind and want to call some lawyer." James explaining, rattling on. I could tell he was tired, stressed and felt overwhelmed with the recent things happening now.

"OK, we are leaving tomorrow so we will be looking forward to going home." I said. I felt James' arm around my shoulders as he moved around on the couch. He massaged my neck some, including my shoulders.

"Since I'm the equal half of our decision-making, we're going to bed once this show is over." He said. We had about ten minutes left before the end of show.

"OK, can you tuck me in bed too?" I asked.

"Yes! I think you need more attention than that!" He said while we hugged.

"Thanks! I like it when you take care of me." I coyly said, trying to be like Grant and looked up at James. He smiled at me and planted a big kiss on my lips.

"Love you, Buttercup! Love you to the moon and back!" He softly said. Soon we went upstairs. Both of us got ready for bed and then he tucked me in, being very careful with the covers.

"There is that enough for you?" He asked tenderly while being careful with my growing belly.

"Yes I believe so." I said, smiling.

"Good! I'll be there in a minute and then we can snuggled." He said. James went off to the bathroom and returned a few minutes later. Once he joined me in bed, he wrapped his arms around me.

"Good night, love!" He quietly said and kissed me. I kissed him back.

"Love you too, Big guy!" I groggily said.

"I hope we have a better tomorrow!" He said.

"I hope so too." I responded. Soon after we fell asleep.

Sunday, September 30, 2029

We woke up at a decent time of eight in the morning and got ready for our flight earlier than normal. We were ready to go even though we wanted a few extra days. Also we had to do our laundry before going and some other household duties before we left.

"I wish we could stay a few more days. It feels very calming here even if we ran into some problems at Scott's house and last night with Gayle and Arnold." James expressed.

"I know. We can spend some time in the afternoon, doing something to get our minds away from what's causing our stress." I suggested.

"Sounds like a good idea. I spotted a park nearby. We can go there if we don't want to walk the beach." James said.