I̶ ̶D̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶.̶

𝒞𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑜 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒶𝓁 𝓍 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇

Warnings⚠️ some angst, sad Camilo, but don't worry it's fluff at the end 🧡

Camilo stared at himself, his hazel eyes darting across his face. His nose, his mouth, his hair, and yet he still couldn't see it. He couldn't see Camilo.

That scared him, it scared him that he changed so often, pretending to be others in his everyday life that he didn't even know who he was anymore... Who Camilo was.

The more he looked at himself the more he hated what he saw, but he couldn't figure out why. Did he not like his nose? Eyes? His height? He didn't have a small cute button nose like his sister, he didn't have big curious eyes like his brother, he wasn't strong and tall like Luisa, wasn't elegant and graceful like Isabella, he wasn't good at expressing like Maribel... So what does he have? Tears started to fill his eyes, his nose slightly scrunched, eyebrows tweaked up, and his bottom lip taken between his teeth to stop it from quivering.

He was always someone else, every day for everything... He shifted to be taller when helping around the house and doing chores, he shifted into his sister for seconds when eating, he even shifted when babysitting the children in the village, he was always someone else.

Tears started to fall down his cheeks, falling faster and faster. He desperately tried to keep his breathing steady, vision going blurry as he tried not to blink, as he knew that would only make the tears fall faster and he was still hoping they would just go away. The more he stared into the mirror the more he had to fight the urge to smash it. He was a copycat... A doppelganger... What's the use of getting a gift as special as you when you weren't special at all, just a copy of someone else.

Copy
Shifter
Copycat
Shadow
Doppelganger

He fell to his knees head in his hands as he asked himself 'who is Camilo' over and over and over. His shoulders began to shake, putting his head down, fingers tapping feverishly on his dresser telling himself not to cry, but it was fruitless and his whimpers and soft cries left him.

"Camilo?" Camilo's head shot up from his hands, oh no it was you his amor, he couldn't let you see him like this. He hastily turned away from you frantically wiping the tears from his face and eyes, but the more he wiped them away more came falling.

His breath hurrying in frustration, only to stop when he felt your hand placed gently on his shoulder, he flinched hands shaking as he looked anywhere and everywhere but to you and your eyes, he couldn't look at you, he couldn't see your face of pity as you gazed down at him.

He could feel you kneel next to him and try to pull his shoulders to slowly turn him to face you, he took a deep shaky breath before turning to you giving you a broken smile, but as soon as the corners of his lips lifted he couldn't hold it and it dropped back into a quivering frown. 

"ay, mi pobre amor" you whispered as you pulled him into you, you rubbed his shoulders as you helps him stand walking him towards his bed, getting him to lay down with you. You pulled him in and he snuggled into your neck, as you began to run your fingers through his thick curls.

He let out a shaky hum of appreciation, closing his eyes. You kissed his forehead, pausing your hand running through his hair to brush some almost dried tears off his freckled cheeks giving him a small boop on his nose causing him to giggle.

"You are you, Camilo amor you are mi corazón, my one and only, my prankster with a heart and soul of gold. I see you, and I love you." You mumble the last part kissing his forehead, he smiled, a real smile. One that lit up your life every time you saw it without fail. You helped him turn over as you brought him impossibly closer to you, Camilo smiled he loved being the little spoon more they he let on.

And now he knows that even if he sometimes doesn't know who he is, he has you to remind him.

Goodbye my lovely readers, until we read again. 🧡