ᵀʰᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ᴵ ˡᵒˢᵗ ʸᵒᵘ

𝑪𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒐 𝒙 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓
⚠️warning; sad Camilo, some bad thoughts, but a happy ending.

And the art is mine, I used reference for the pose because I can't draw people hunched over. 🌺🙂

Camilo held your hand, he was scared. Scared of what was happening to his family, how everyone was screaming and fighting, Camilo didn't like it. He felt like he was a little kid who needed to hide under his bed, you were what was keeping him from curling into a ball and crying himself to sleep.

He wanted to just disappear he wanted to go into his room and cuddle while you kissed and traces his freckles. But he couldn't he needed to stay out here and help his family, even if he didn't want to.

Camilo loved his family, more than he could put into words, but sometimes he wished he wasn't a part of this family, he hated when his Abuela would lecture him, they hated it when Mirabel was treated like an outcast, like right now. Abuela was yelling at Mirabel and he couldn't listen to it anymore, so he tried to step in.

"Abuela Mirabel is only trying to me rela-" Camilo didn't get to finish what he was saying before Abuela turned to him, "help you? By distracting you? You already have someone who distracts you' she said referencing you ' You don't need Mirabel getting in the way also!" She continued on about how he needed to use his gift, how his gift is what made him special, and how without his gift he couldn't do anything for the town.

Camilo's ears began to ring, hearing all these things, that made him hate himself.

He could no longer think or hear anything, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes, trying to hold in the sob causing a lump to form in his throat and his head to start pounding.

Suddenly without a word, he let go of your hand turning on his heel, and running out of the house, the cracks in the walls grew.

People were calling out for him, you were calling out for him, but he didn't care, he could barely hear anything over the ringing in his ears and the violent pounding drums in his head. He ran fast and far, tripped falling to his knees.

And the first sob left him. It was a long deep gasp of air before a silent scream before he let the tears fall, he let his cries rack through him. Tears fell uncontrollably, as he sobbed softly babbling to himself, "I just want to be myself, I just wanna be me, I just-" he cried to himself.

He cried for he doesn't know how long, and everything around him just stopped. He heard a loud thundering sound, along with the screams and cries of the townspeople. He sat there confused until he remembered what direction the sound came from "Casita..." He whispered he stumbled to get up, tripping over his Ruana to get up and run towards the sound.

He crashed through the front 'door' if that is what you could call it, his eyes first landed on you and you pointed to the candle at the heart of Casita.

He rushed to the top of the stairs sliding under and jumping over debris to reach the candle. But when he leaped across to get the candle, his gift stopped and he fell to the ground. Next to his cousin Isabella.

He was shocked, scared, and ashamed. What was going to do, but before he could think anymore about it Casita had started to move to push everyone out of the house.

He barely had time to think before a gust of dust, sand, and dirt Pushed through everyone.

Once the dark cloud cleared, he saw that Casita was gone. He looked around, spotting Pepa, "mamí my gift, I don't know what I'm going to do, what about Antonio?" Camilo worried about his mother before looking around, and that's when a feeling of dread washed over him, and a pit formed deep within him.

'Where is Y/n' Camilo asked himself, he frantically looked around trying to spot you, but he couldn't find you. He ran off calling ours for you. The longer he called out and didn't get an answer his breath would quicken. He was now hyperventilating, his quick frantic breaths as his calls got more and more desperate.

He was ready to collapse, fall to his knees cry himself to sleep, and never wake up. his tears were blurring his vision, his breaths were shaky, his hands grabbed at his curls nails scratching his scalp and his breaths became quicker.

Quicker

Quicker

Quicker

"Camilo!"

His gaze locked on to who called his name, and his breath stopped it was you.

"mi amor!" Camilo called to you opening his arms lifting his hands to you making a grab motion with his fingers.

You let yourself fall into them, softly patting his head, wrapping his curls one by one around your finger before letting it go.

You softly cooed and hushed his cries,
"It's ok, I'm here mi príncipe azul" you whispered to him, as he sniffled his tears getting soaked into your clothes.

"I thought... I thought I lost you."
He whimpered

"No, that would mean I left you. I could never leave you. My precioso Camilo."

He smiled humming affectionately,
"I love you, Mi Amro." You smiled ruffling his hair making him giggle.

It was moments like this that reminded him that you and he were meant to be, and you and he were going to be together forever. And he couldn't wait to get married one day.

He snuggled into you, Y/n Madrigal. He liked the sound of that.

A/n: Hello my darling readers, I hope you enjoyed this story! And I am also taking requests!! Feel free to ask for headcanons, one-shots, or scenarios here! I'll get to as many as I can! Until we read again~ stay tuned 🧡