ᶠʳᵒᵐ ˢᵗʳᵃⁿᵍᵉʳˢ ᵗᵒ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ

𝒞𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑜 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒶𝓁 𝓍 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇

Warnings; none for this first chapter, just reader and Camilo becoming besties. 🧡 however the story will tear you apart in later and leave a hole in your heart, so good luck!

You were new to town, your family had just moved to Encanto. Your father, mother, sister, and you. After your family finished unpacking, you and your sister were sent out to explore the new home.

Hearing music, laughter, and people chatting in the plaza. The music playing loudly your sister began to dance, drawing attention to herself as others began to join in. But you didn't, you didn't like attention, you never really got it and when you did it was never good.

You slowly backed away from the growing crowd, starting to grow anxious.

"Not much of a dancer?" You heard a soft yet slightly cocky voice call from behind you, you turned around to see a boy.

He had Thick tight curls all over his head, Hazel eyes, a button nose, and his lips were pulled into a smirk.

"No, not really" I replied to him, he only raised one eyebrow, "well, why not?" He continued, walking a bit closer.

"I- was never really taught how, and I don't really like crowds, they make me nervous," I answered back.

"Oh well, I could teach you." He retorted taking your hand in his, taking you behind a building, where no one was around but the music could still be heard clearly.

"You don't like crowds to I figured you would want to be away from prying eyes." He said as he turned to you taking bother of your hands in his.

You started slow, he talked you through the foot movements, then the hip and hand movements. Praising you with "you did it!" Or "good job, see you got it" whenever you completed a move without his guidance and soon you two picked up speed, faster and faster and before you knew it, you were laughing and dancing with your new friend.

"My name is Camilo by the way, Camilo Madrigal." He said as he spun you around " I'm Y/n" I reply

Camilo smiled, as you two began to talk about your interests and likes, dislikes. You learn you both love to play tricks and love to mess with your sibling.

Camilo never thought he would find someone who found his jokes as hilarious as he did. He was happy to find a new friend, someone who wasn't asking him to be someone else, someone who enjoyed being around him for who he was, not because he could be someone else.

You both smile and he lightly scrunched his nose, laughing you both stopped, letting go of your hands as the music came to a close.

He turned to you to ask if you wanted to spend the day with him as he had already finished his chores and was a little bored. But before he could your sister called your name turning the corner, her eyes immediately landed on Camilo.

She started eyeing him with a look that made you uncomfortable. "Well hello there." Your sister began but was cut off but a woman called out for Camilo "Mami" Camilo mumbled, "sorry but I have to go." He said smiling at you before he turned on his heel and left.

You smiled looking forward to meeting him again.

I hope you enjoyed this! This is part 1 of my 3 part reading of "From, To," part two will be coming out too, and the warnings will be put at the top. Until we read again my darling reader. 🧡🌟