Prologue

The young boy of only 16 laid down in his tent outside another town. This time he was told it would be long term, but he was never sure. He was at the base of a mountain he would have to climb tomorrow to make it to the small town of Encanto. He shut his eyes and fell asleep immediately after being awake for over twenty-four hours.

His eyes opened and he appeared in a black throne room which held his boss as he called her. Her name was Hecate, Goddess of Magic and Crossroads, Andres, the boy, was her descendant and would carry out quests for her. He's been doing so since he was ten when his parents died. That was six years ago, and for six years it has been town after town, village after village, none for more than a month. He was the monster that would be in their Legends, and they talked about how they fell from greatness. Or the angel that blessed them.

His job was to take or give magic to the undeserving or deserving. On her orders of Course. He kneeled to her as a sign of respect "Andres rise." he does as told. The boy was descended from two mostly Colombian parents, his mother being her descendant and having some Greek in her, and could blend right in. "You will pose as an Orphan who traveled to Encanto,"

"So, the truth?" he asked boardy.

She smirked "partly, the miracle given to the Madrigals will make them feel obligated to take you in. You are to make nice with the youngest Girl and earn your keep that means helping them when necessary. See how the family operates, this is going to be a long one."

"How long am I staying?"

"Until I say otherwise. It's going to take at least two years to see through all  the ins and outs and another year to drain their magic to see if they truly deserve it. It is very strong, and you are still mortal. So, we're looking at least three years." He wanted to jump for joy, he would have a long-term home.

"Yes M'lady." She released his mind and allowed him to sleep considering he had quite a hike in the morning.

~~~

The hike up the mountain was probably the most aggravating experience of his young life, but he managed. Upon arriving in Encanto the first person he saw was a girl his age lifting several donkeys on her shoulder.

She felt the eyes on her and saw the young boy with black curls and green eyes with only a backpack on him. His clothes were worn down and he looked exhausted. He looked at her in wonder, seeing her work her gift. "Hey?" She said loudly, getting his attention. He was new and that was odd no on new was ever in Encanto and her family knew the whole village

He jumped a little and waved, she was beautiful and intimidating. "Hi"

"What's your name?'' she asked throwing the Donkey's in the barn and walking over to him. "Where are you coming from?"

"My name is Andres, and I just spent the last few days in the mountains."

"By yourself?" she asked skeptically.

He tightened his lips and nodded, "I was looking for somewhere to go, my parents passed away a few years ago so I travel a lot, I never really had a place to stay."

The young girl's face was one of pity, "Well I can't let you stay out here all alone. Come with me." she tugged him along, "My name is Luisa by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Luisa." She brought him to the biggest house in town.

"This is casita." The doors opened on their own, startling him. He was brought to the matriarch of the family Alma Madrigal.

Luisa Explained everything to Alma while Andres just stood there awkwardly. "Well, we can't allow him out there on his own. He can stay with us for the time being," she smiled at him.

"Oh, I couldn't, I don't wanna be a bother." He faked concern.

"No please, I insist. I cannot let a child stay out there all on their own."

And just like that Andres was an honorary member of the Madrigal family, just like Hecate told him. He was later introduced to the whole family and given a run-down of their gifts, Pepa's emotions controlled the weather, Julieta could heal you with food, their husbands were Felix and Agustín, neither had gifts as they married into the family. Felix and Pepa's kids were, Dolores was their oldest at nineteen, she could hear everything all the time and honestly Andres felt bad for her, then there was Camilo who was twelve and could shape shift and Antonio who was two and didn't get his gift yet. Agustín and Julieta's kids were Isabela who was also nineteen and could grow flowers, Luisa who he already met and could guess she had super strength, and Mirabel who was also twelve with no gift.

They all seemed really nice particularly Luisa, he guessed it was just because she had found him. Pepa had seemed keen on being the one to take care of him while he stayed with them and he didn't disagree, he hadn't had a mother in so long it actually felt nice to have someone care for him.

Casita had made a guest room for him while he was there which he thought was odd considering Mirabel was still in the nursery. He was taught by Alma about how they got their miracle and how it worked.

Every day when the family went out to town to help, he went with them Earning his keep even if Alma had said he didn't need to. She seemed like a nice old lady until he realized how she treated Mirabel. She was the only child of age with no gift and her grandmother treated her like a bother. It was rather passive aggressive.

He had managed to make friends with her like he was told but he found that she was really nice and would have probably made friends with him whether he needed to or not. She was so positive despite her treatment. She liked to play with him, and he helped with her chores.

He also managed to make friends with Camilo who was glad to have another boy that he could speak with considering Antonio was too young at the moment, Dolores who he leaned could hear him no matter where he was in Encanto, he had to be friends with her so that she wouldn't listen in on him too much. And of course, Luisa, she was really fun and the two of them would joke around while she did her chores. He was her source of fun and light as she was always working. He would bounce around her and make stupid remarks that would have her let out booming laughs that could shake the trees. He found himself quite enthralled by her.

By his third month there Pepa had mentioned Bruno but only to tell him never to ask about him, Apparently, he was the family's black sheep and went missing around seven years ago after Mirabel's failed gift ceremony. Andres was very curious but honored their wishes and didn't ask.

Overall, the family treated him like one of their own even gifting him with a plate a year after he had showed up. He was really hoping that he wouldn't have to take their gifts, especially Luisa who seemed defined by her strength. Sadly, with the way Alma was acting towards Mirabel he might have to snuff the candle and not allow it to be lit again. 

How do you guys think I did 

~DarkVixen