Chapter Eight

"Ow ow ow" Andres whined as Dolores pulled him along by the ear.

"Quit it, you brought this on yourself!"

They passed Alma, "The magic is strong, Everything is fine, we are the Madrigal."

He chuckled quietly, "Wrong words." He must have forgotten Dolores could hear him, she pulled on his ear harder and pulled him to her room, which was supposed to be soundproof. Because of the weakening magic it had turned into a tunnel of echos and booms, "This must be Hell on your ears."

"It was fine until you started meddling."

"Yeah, sorry about that, I knew that was gonna be a problem." He twirled his hand and in a puff of purple smoke Ear plugs appeared. "Here it won't do a lot but it will muffle the sound."

She tilted her head with a glare. "You really think I'm gonna take anything you give me after-" there was a loud boom from another crack forming in Casita, Dolores scrambled over and took the ear plugs. "Now start talking, or I will tell Abuela what I saw."

He sat down at her desk, "Are we forgetting that i could just," he mimed zipping his lips. "And you wouldn't be able to say a word oyente."

She gulped, she was terrified of him now, but she wouldn't back down. Her family was more important than her fear. "The last three year may not have meant something for you, but it did for us. We trusted you, we let you into our home and you're threatening us," She grabbed him by the shirt and lifted him. He wasn't even fazed "If you think for one second, I won't do something crazy for my family you've got another thing coming!"

"You think it meant nothing?" now he looked hurt so hurt it almost made Dolores falter. "I care about this family." He pulled himself out of her grip. "I love this family, but I have a job to do, and I'm not allowed to fail or stumble just because I care about you."

"What 'Job' could you possibly have that requires you to hurt us like this!"

He sat back down with a huff, "I'm a descendant of Hecate, The goddess of magic, when I was a kid my mother and father passed away and she made me her champion, so since I was ten years old I've been hoping from town to town doing what she tells me to basically testing them if they deserve magic, if they do i leave it or give it, if they don't i take it. That's why I'm here, that's why I came to Encanto."

Dolores was silent for a moment, "Wow, you must really think I'm an idiot!" She snapped, "You really thought I was gonna believe you were sent by a magic goddess so you could snuff out the candle."

"I never thought that sounded crazy until now." he said, biting the tip of his thumb. "I guess to someone who does believe in the Greek pantheon that wouldn't make any sense or be believable."

She gave him a look of pure unbridled rage, "Now the truth."

"That is the truth, Dolores." He stood up pacing back and forth and ran a hand through his black locks. "Let me just." He put up a finger as if saying 'give me a minute.' He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in and out. When he opened his eyes, they were purple not just the iris like Dolores had been seeing all day but the whole eye there was nothing but an unseeing void of purple, wind whipped around him making his hair and shirt blow around giving him a mystical aura. Speaking of Aura, a rainbow one pulsed to life around him, He cupped his hand under his chest and a light shined from under his shirt, a great white light in the shape of an all too familiar wheel.

As quickly as it came it ended, Dolores eyes were wide and she was leaning away from him, "Thats symbol its on-"

"All of my clothes? Yeah. I'm property of Hecate so I appease her anyway I can."