Chapter Four

Andres slipped off into a dream once again landing in Hecate's throne room, "You lied to me." She looked at him boardy before looking back at her dogs that sat by her thrones. "You told me it would only be a vision."

"It was only supposed to be a vision."

"Then why did Luisa feel real effects?" he snapped.

She looked at him, curious at his boldness to yell at a goddess, in that moment she knew she was making the right choice. "You're getting stronger, child. You must focus even more, or your vision may become real."

He looked at his hand on Horror, "you mean I almost broke Casita."

"Yes, child be careful, or negligence will break all you love." she said love in a very knowing way, one that confused and worried Andres. "Your mission here is almost done child."

~~~

Andres was tensely next to Dolores while he got breakfast. He was trying to keep his cool, but he was actually really scared of her going all hermana mayor on him. "Dolores Hey!" Mirabel ran up knocking into his plate a little, "Sorry Andres." he nods, shielding his food from her destructiveness. "You know, out of all my older cousins you're like my favorite cousin," the boy turned to her confused, she only had two older cousins and that wasn't exactly fair to Camilo. "So, I feel like I can talk to you about anything, ergo you can talk to me about anything. Like the problem with the magic last night. That no one seemed to worry about, but maybe you heard about that. That maybe I should know about that."

"Camilo! Stop pretending you're Dolores so you can have seconds." Felix scolded from behind that three where Dolores was really standing.

Andres looked at Camilo as he turned back, "That explains so much." he whispered to himself

"Worth a shot" Casita hit him with a door, "gah" He was smacked again, and he yelped jumping away.

Dolores walks forward, "the only one worried about the magic is you, and the rats talking in the walls." she said almost like she knew something else and walked off. She quickly jumped back for a moment, "Oh and Luisa, I heard her speaking about it to Andres last night, and then her eye was twitching all night." She squeaked and walked away.

Luisa walked out holding the table with one hand, "There we go."

"Everyone to the table. Let's go let's go" Casita pulled up a bunch of chairs. Andres sat with Luisa to his right and Julieta to his left. Dolores was right across from him keeping a close eye on him, he kept a neutral expression, but he knew Dolores was worried as she had never heard anything wrong in her life.

Thunder cracked from Pepa for a moment before dissipating "Family" Alma came up to the head of the table. "We are all thankful for Antonio's new-" Before she could sit three animals popped up. "gift"

"I told them to warm up your seat," Antonio, who was now surrounded by animals, said. The boy was precious.

"Thank you Tonito" Alma smiled tensely. She shooed them off, "I'm sure we'll find a way to put your blessings to good use."

Mirabel whispered something to Luisa Making her eye twitch. She switches the hand her food was in and under and grabbed Andres under the table effectively stopping him from playing with his rings. "You do!" Mirable slammed her hand down quieting the table.

"Mirabel! If you can't pay attention, I will help you."

"No actually I was-" Casita." Her chair was promptly pulled up towards Alma and closed the gap.

Felix grabbed back his food as Alma continued, "As I was saying we must never take our miracle for granted. So today we will work twice as hard." Mirable looked at Luisa again making her nervous, so she squeezed Andres' hand a little too hard, he let out a quiet gasp that only got Dolores intention and tapped her leg with his foot.