Chapter Nine

Mirabel watched her Tio's visions speed past them, she saw the same one as before her in front of a cracked Casita, but there was something else she hadn't noticed before. There was a small figure in the corner, and she noticed it was Andres. His eyes widened, "It's just the same, I have to stop." Bruno said desperately

"No! I need to know which way it goes." she tears her eyes away from Andres, "there's got to be and answer something we're not seeing."

"You are looking at the same thing I am. If there was something else-"

Mirabel cuts him off as she sees a butterfly, "there! Over there."

"Butterfly follow the butterfly. She grabbed his hands and walked towards the image, it shifted.

"Where is that?"

"It's all out of order." The image continued on until she was given her prophecy to hug Isabela.

As she was walking to Isabela's room she remembered the image of Andres, "Tio Bruno?" he poked his head out of the opening in the wall, "Andres he was in that vision could you maybe uh..."

He sighed but knew this was important to her, "I'll check it out."

"Thank you Tio."

Bruno sighed but he couldn't deny that he was also worried, "Let's try this again" He started again, alone this time. He saw the image of Andres that Mirabel was talking about. The boy that had been living with them with his hand outstretched towards Mirabel and the house. He went closer and the image shifted to Mirabel and Alma Fighting. Andres sad face turned to Luisa, Camilo and Dolores. He reaches a hand out and a cracks form though Casita he stomps his foot, and a wave of tiles pushes everyone out. He catches Camilo and Isabela pushing them out as well. He saw Mirabel still up high reaching for the candle, His face morphed into one of Horror and he screamed for her.

She tumbled down only for him to catch her; the ending picture was of Andres looking up angrily at the sky as he stood in the middle of a broken Casita. "Oh kid" Bruno sighed, "What are you doing?"

~~~

Andres opens Luisa's door but sees that she's not at her Work out course, Bed or beach He opened the door to the Theme Park and saw her sitting underneath a small roller coaster, "Luisa?" She looked up at him with a glare, but it fell, and she tumbled back as she saw his eyes and the light coming from his chest, "What are you? - Oh, I'm still glowing, aren't I?" He blinked it away, "Sorry it's hard when I'm angry."

He is sitting in front of her not trying to freak her out more or invade her personal space bubble. "How and Why?" She asked Bring her knees into her chest.

"I just explained this to Dolores because she basically manhandled me." He chuckled silently to himself. "I'm a descendant of Hecate, as for why it's my job."

"To hurt us?"

"No, to take magic from the undeserving, if you were under observation the family would have kept the magic, but your Abuela is and she's not doing well."

She bit her lip as she tried to keep her tears at bay, "you sat with me and tried to make me feel better when you were the one hurting us."

He bowed his head, "I'm sorry I just knew bad things were coming and I didn't want you to be hurt by it. I wanted you to believe in yourself before I messed things up, but then I realized that tonight Mariano was going to propose, and I knew Isabela didn't like him. I'm sorry."

Luisa scooted a little closer, "So you didn't have a choice." He shakes his head. She looked to where his hands were cupped in his lap and saw tears landing on them, in that moment she saw something of a reflection.

He was just like her, a nineteen-year-old with way too much on his plate. Someone who had to carry so much weight whether it be physical or metaphysical. He lifted his head and saw battle, A battle for who would own him when he was only ten, he had to sit still and say nothing. She saw his inner battle never knowing who he was or who was important to him. Never having anyone there for him. He was completely open and honest with him, a feat hard for anyone who was used to being alone their whole lives.

Luisa sighed sniffling a bit, "I believe you." He looked up at her, his brown eyes still welling over. "I'm sorry I got so mad."

"No, it's my fault I should have told you the truth, but I didn't want to worry you if there was nothing to worry about, but then it went too far, and I wasn't sure how to tell you anymore." he bit his lip as he leaned into Luisa. "I can't stop it. Hecate would hate me if I did. She would never let me out of her sight or go on a long quest again. I kind of like having a family even if it was only for a little while." he frowned again as the prospect of leaving washed over him.

"So, what you have to do is take out magic and just leave."

He nodded, "The problem is I don't know what will happen, I know your magic gave you Casita so I don't know if she'll stay up when I'm gone, she might vanish or something I'm not sure." Luisa bit her nail, the Consequences just kept getting worse and worse. She hated it, but she knew he did too. "I hate hurting people; I hate being their monster." He glanced up at her from his place on her shoulder once again his purple eyes shone. "But it seems that's all I can ever be.

This one slightly shorter than others, I'm sorry about that 
~DarkVixen