Enmeshed 1 - The Roof

TW:// Threats, violence, blood, injury, death //

You stood on the roof of the same building where you were dropped off with no prior memory. Where you were tasked to build an organization.

It all went so well... Doc's been your guide to your new life, gave you missions, orders and you complied with everything.

Still, you don't know much about the man. Each time you questioned him and his orders, he's been rather vague. It didn't bother you much before but now that your life is on the stake, you just can't play along any longer.

"To sacrifice myself over some vague, bullshit called "The Mandatus..."

You built an organization, made friends, got yourself in great shape and became respected in nexus City as of one of Nevada's best mercenaries. There's no way you give it all up. Especially your hirelings who are your best friends, your family.

It started to rain.

You turn towards the edge of the roof. And there he was. Your worst fear sent to deal with you. Hank J Wimbleton. Standing around 40 meters from you, armed with 2 mid length swords of some type.

A wave of cold went through your body.

Why is he showing himself in the open like that?! He could have easily sneaked up on me or just shot me while I didn't notice him! Doesn't he see me as a threat? Is he going to toy with me?!

As you think, you realize you're shivering. You never did that before. Why be afraid now?! You busted the asses of half the Nexus City! Even the biggest guys at Nexus Core! itself This shouldn't be any different!

Hank takes a step forward.

"STAY B-ACK!!!" - You yell while drawing your revolvers at him.

Hank chuckles at your desperate attempt to hide the stress in your voice.

"Crap you really lost it after after the imprint." - He said with amusement.

"Imprint"? The hell is he talking about?

You clutch the weapon harder as you see Hank taking more steps. You can't allow him to close the distance. Hank excels at close combat and you can't risk finding out if you'll able to parry his attacks. You need to act NOW.

You go for the trigger, but before you fully pull it, Hank sweeps to the side, dodging the shot. You shoot again and the same happens.

"How is he dodging like that?! Is he reading my body language?"

Hank is now rapidly dashing in your direction as you empty both barrels at him, to no avail. No time to reload! THINK!

You reach to your tool bag on your hip and feel a grenade. A mad idea hit your head.

Hank is now mere meters away from you. With your hands still inside the tool bag, you gently pull the safety off.

YOU HAVE TO HOLD ONTO IT FOR 2,5 SECONDS, THEN THROW.

For this amount of time, you pretend to freeze in fear. Clutching to a grenade that is about to explode definitely helped to portray that.

Those were the longest 2 and half seconds of your life. Your eyes not leaving Hank the whole time. Aside from his murderous intent, you could sense a hint of disappointment emitting from the rapidly approaching killing machine.

It's time.

You yank the grenade at Hank and drop flat on the ground, covering your head.

BOOM