Enmeshed 7 - Souvenir

The deed is done. The monster is dead. 

You make your way through the crimson wasteland, following a light. A light that shines brighter the closer you get. A light so strong you start to get consumed by it. Even the sound of gravel cracking under your feet start's to disappear. Your body feels light. Your body feels nothing. Nothingness is what you start to become. Your imprint get's absorbed from existence. You enmeshed the Mandatus....

".....yyyyyyy!"

 A stifling sound leaves your throat as you gasp for oxygen. The incoming dry air collides against the sides of your irritated throat. Tears form around your eyes as you choke on air followed by a rampage of coughing. 

Your sudden, desperate attempt to breathe alarms Doc of your awakening.

"Easy, easy." You hear him say as you feel his presence nearby.

You try to open your eyes but seeing the blurry world spin made you close them again. Man it hurt. Everything hurt. Felt like you've been hit by a train.

"Y/N, can you talk?" "Talk to me please." He asks as he nudged on your head.

"uuhuh..." You mumble out.

Doc places his hands behind your shoulders and raises your back into a seating position to help you breathe.

"How do you feel, do you know where you are?" You try to answer but get interrupted by another coughing rampage.

"Im gonna have to check on your lungs" He explains as he removes the pillow from under your back, and lift's up the backside of your t-shirt.

You were a bit wierded out by it. Still not knowing what to think of the man. Even after the conversation you had with Hank. He does care for you but in the end he's after the mandatus.

His stethoscope is placed against your back. The coldness of the instrument giving you a shiver.

 "There seem to be fluid in your lungs... I'm afraid It's gonna take you longer to recover this time."

... Instead of worry, you felt a bit relieved. You'll have to rest. You're nowhere near the state to imprint anytime soon. 

Doc went over to the cabinet and started working on on some kind of medicine. You take look down to inspect the look of your hands but were disturbed by the feeling of your nose running. Gross. 

You raise the backside of your arm and wipe it away. As you do, you notice a trail of red on your hand. 

"Y/N?"

You turn your head up to face Doc, with results in even more blood running from your nose.

"...crap..." He mumbles as he put's the medicine down and turns on his headlight to inspect your face, blinding you as the result.

"Does anything hurt?" He asks as he turns your face from one side to another.

"...everything..." You mumble out

"Be more specific."

"... The front of my head, lower side of lungs, back, pretty much all of my muscles..."

He takes your hand and places your fingers on top of your nose bridge to stop the blood flow.

 "Can you hold it like that?"

"Uhuh..." 

You were given a tissue to wipe the blood off your face with you do immediately.

After a while, the bleeding stopped. You were then instructed to drink the medicine he prepared. You were repulsed as the bitter taste of the liquid drug was the first thing you consumed after idling for over 6 months.