Enmeshed 14 - Olive Branch

'...I'm sorry...'

Thunderstruck, the words passed you by. His sudden occurrence alone taking in all of your processing power.

'...I'm sorry Y/N...' He repeated.
Simple words. Yet they sounded as in another language.

The audience screamed bloody murder, chanting his name, not being able to hear the man in question.

The host of the show kept commenting as well but all was drowned in your ears.

'...Y/N...'Hank took a step forward.

You reacted by spontaneously drawing your pistol which stopped him in his tracks.

'OOO HAH HAH HAH!!! LOOKS LIKE THE EXCITEMENT IS ALREADY TAKING OVER THEM!' The host commented.

You stayed put and kept steady aim at the man. Your heart ramming against the ribs, challenging you to hold your aim still.

With the corner of your eye, you glanced over to D9 who stood behind the fence of the arena. He looked equally dumbstruck as you. Seems like he nor Doc expected Hank to show up.

'...Y/N I-' Hank made a move and raised his hands above his head.

You reacted by clicking the hammer back of your weapon.

Hank stayed put for a moment, then continued to slowly walk towards you anyway, disregarding your threat.

Staggered, you braced your weapon with other arm and took another quick glance at D9. He was now in a call, presumably with Doc. He looked... apprehensive. He kept nodding on the phone, then raised his head and gave you a slow, hesitant thumbs up to proceed.

'...' Countless of times, you fantasized about such scenario. Taking it back on him. Ripping off the metal jaw, piercing his wrists, blowing him up completely... And now you've got your green flag to act. Blessed with approval from D9 and Doc himself to put that unpredictable menace in it's place.

With a pull to the trigger, your eyes brighten as they reflect the spark coming out of your gun.
Hank sweeps to the side but the bullet grazes his neck.

Appeased by the first hit, you empty more rounds at the man.
He dodges the rest, becoming more vigilant of your attacks.

The crowd cheered, applauding Hank's insane ability to dodge like that,

You smashed the empty gun on the ground and drew two blades from your sides.
Wished you had your grenades with you, but this time you plan to drag it way longer than back on the roof because this time:

He can't kill you.

He can't kill you and you know it.

You know he can't sabotage you like that while you still have to defeat The Grand Steward and enmesh the mandatus. You can go all out on him. Nothing is stopping you. Not even Doc or D9.

'...Y/N I'm sorry...'

-'SHUT UUUUUP!!!' You yelled as you swung one blade towards his face.
He ducked evading the weapon. You swirled the remaining sword towards his bent knees which he avoided just as swiftly.

He backed down, taking on a more defensive stance while you flung back at him, throwing more swings at the oddly agile bulky individual. Each of your blows carrying the intent of instant death.

Hank kept dodging and backing down all cross the arena like a nimble butterfly while you swung your heart out like a rabid maniac. It went on like that for a while. The cheers from the crowd turned into mocking boohs at the lack of agency form the infamous killing machine.