Enmeshed 2 - Awakening

.../n..

y/n..

You hear your name being called out. A voice distorted by a beeping sound......

Y/N!

You open your eyes and see a familiar, spinning ceiling.

"Y/N! Do you hear me?!"

As your eyes readjust, you look to the side and see Doc, shaking your shoulders. Dumbfounded, you stare at the man. The beeping frequency of heart monitor gradually increases.

-"Y/N answer me! do you know where you are?!"...

-"Main lab..." an automatic response left your mouth.

A barrage of memories starts to run over your head:

Your life in Nevada

2BDamned

How both of you belonged the same organization

Hank, Deimos, Sanford 

Nevada Central!!

How you were tasked with building an enterprise

The boys form YOUR ORGANIZATION!

How you had to.... decipher the Mandatus...

"THE MISSION!!!" You cry out as you rapidly lift yourself up from the hospital bed. Breathing heavily.

"I MESSEDS UP!!! I-I DIDN'T KNOW! I-iii...!"

- "It's okay Y/N" Doc leans closer and cut's you off as you're about to hyperventilate. His hands still on your shoulders.

"None of us were aware that memory loss could occur after the imprint procedure." He reassured

- "The imprint..." Right, Doc transferred your identity into a different body. A very similar one. Your body... You feel...weird?

You raise your hands and take a good look at them. There was no sign of gashes that Hank left. Instead your hands were pale, thin with poking veins. Nothing compared to the muscular physique you build when you were running raids with your team in Nexus City. Now you looked....sick.

"Your body took a toll after idling for over a year here." Doc explains. "You'll need to gain some weight and improve your physique before we start the following one".

- "Following imprint?" you question as your eyes widen from shock.

"Yes, we still need to extract more information from your enmeshment process to decipher The Mandatus."

- "Wait! Are you saying that we're doing it again?! After all that that I have been through?!"

Doc lowers himself to your level and through his mask, he looks directly in your eyes.

"I understand your frustration Y/N. I really do, but I fear that there might even be a third time. The nature of Mandatus will require us to repeat this process until we fully decipher it."

You can't believe it. You don't want to. You break the eye contact as you start to process it all. Doc raises himself back and adjusts his mask.

"I can image that this isn't something to be content with. In fact, the entirety of enmeshment process is very demanding of anyone who undergoes it, and you Y/N, you have my full support. We will work it out together."

"As for now you should rest and recover, both physically and mentally. In the meantime you can help me with smaller duties like before the imprint."

Right, you used to help around in Med-bay. Doc also used to take you to all sorts of meetings where you got your negotiation skills from, as preparation for the main mission.