Chapter 2: Suzie

Guys, by the way, this chapter is mainly going to be based on Alexander.WARNING! (This is gonna be a bit sad, just telling you)

Today is October 21st. A month after I met them.
As time has gone on, I've begun to notice their individual traits and eventually I think we have become friends, sort of. I get along with all of then accept Alexander. He doesn't talk to me and he doesn't even look at me, he just stays in the background and if I ever try and talk to him then he ignores me. Ever since our first day, I've been one of the most well known girls in the school. Almost every girl in the school has come up to me asking questions about them. Mind you, but I honestly don't particularly blame them 'cause they constantly hang around me and talk to me so if they wanted info then I was probably the best girl for it. Sadly, I don't give out info like that so I left them all high and dry.

Since Halloween was close by, we started discussing our costumes.
"Zara, what are you wearing" Jake asked.
"I don't know, I wasn't even planning to trick-or-treat this year"
"You should, hey maybe we could go for the same theme outfits"
"Where would we find a theme which had nine people" Sebastian said coldly as usual.
"Hey, maybe we could have a vampire wedding sort of theme" I thought.
"Yea! We could have a bride, groom, priest, ring bearer, violin and piano players and two grooms men and a best man". Jake inputted hoping everyone would be in favor of it." What do you think Kyle?".
"I think it's good, but I'm the best man" Kyle replied.
Jake then said "Well since our family deals in jewellery, then I think it would be easiest if I was the ringbearer".
"I'll be the priest then" Robert joyfully inputted.
"Could I be the violinist then?" David asked.
"I could get us prop instruments since my family deals in music" Sebastian replied "What do you think of all this Alex-"
"NO" Robert whispered quite loudly. "You know what happens to this 'round this time".
"What?" I asked, confused.
Alexander got up and left. He looked quite fed up.
"Ale-" I tried to say but I was interrupted.
"Leave me alone!" Alexander roared then he stormed off.
"I guess he still hasn't gotten over her" Anthony said.
"Who?" I asked.
"Suzie of course" he said, acting as if I should have already known.

"And who's Suzie" I asked, slightly annoyed by his previous comment.
"About three years ago, Alexander went out with a girl called Suzie. She was his first love. One day, on her way home from Alexander's house, she got into a car crash and died, leaving Alex here a shell of his former self. Although he seems quite stable, I still don't think he has gotten over her yet."
"Za-ra" Robert said.

Tears were rolling out of my eyes.

"That's so sad" I cried out "He must feel so lonely all the time".
"To me it seems more like he feels guilty" Sebastian implied, seeming a little worried.
"That must be horrible" I muttered out "He did nothing wrong, but why does he feel so sad around Halloween?"
"Because she died on Halloween night" Henri answered, putting his arm around me to comfort me.

I suddenly felt so guilty. We were just talking about it, completely oblivious to his feeling. I suddenly got up.
"What happened Zara?" Henri asked.
"I need to go find him" I said frantically. "I need to go find him now".
With that I dashed over in the direction that he had gone. I found him in the garden on a bench by himself looking at the daffodils, all forlorn.

"Alexander!" I screamed while panting as I had just ran over here. He looked almost in shock at seeing me.
"Za-"
"Why didn't you say so?" I cried. "It's ok, we're here for you".
"I don't need your help" he insisted angrily.
"You do. Look at yourself". I said while pointing at him. I came up to him and held his hands.
"It's ok we're here for you, you can trust us". I calmly assured him.
"Ok, just please, go for now" he pleaded quietly. I just need a bit of time to myself."
I quietly walked away, leaving Alexander to himself.

Alexander's P.O.V
"I can't believe it's been three years", I thought to myself. "I can't believe that she's gone".
Sometimes it almost feels like she never left. I loved Suzie and I wish she was here. During Halloween I always just drown in my thoughts of her. I can remember everything about her, her onyx eyes, her chestnut hair, her kind smile, everything. It almost feels suffocating.I've just spent these few days thinking about Suzie.

It's the 30th of October.

Her anniversary is being held today since it will be too busy on Halloween. I just feel so lonely right now. At the mass, everyone was giving me their condolences but I just felt like collapsing and then I remembered Zara.

"It's ok, we're here for you" her words echoed through my mind and it gave me confidence and strength. Her words are just so caring, I couldn't help but feel better, but I didn't deserve it. I wasn't telling everyone the truth of why she died, because of me. I couldn't just wallow in sadness. I had to get out of it. I called everyone to my house for a Halloween party.
It didn't make me feel any better. Nobody noticed my anxiety except Zara.

Zara's P.O.V
I could see that he wasn't feeling any better at all. He tried to fake it but I could see right through him. I waited until he was alone to talk to him. He was going to his room and I followed him. He sat down on the bed and looked as if he was about to cry.
"Alex" I whispered. he just stared at me then he got up and hugged me.
"Zara, I've been hiding something" he whispered in my ear.
" I assume you've heard about Suzie" he began to say " but I didn't tell everyone everything that happened"
"What happened then?" I asked him calmly, feeling a little surprised.
"Before she left my house, we had a fight" he whispered quite clearly " She said she wanted to kill herself but I didn't believe her and let her go, thinking she wouldn't go through with it. The next thing I know she's g-gone". He started to cry.
"It's ok" I replied "She didn't die because of that, she forgives you." I held his hands and smiled at him.

Alexander's P.O.V
I was so happy when Zara said that. I felt like I was forgiven and I was free. I couldn't control myself. I pulled Zara onto my bed and hugged her. She squirmed a bit but I didn't let her go. We ended up spending the night like that while the others slept in the guest rooms. Zara and I were cuddled up in the same bed. It was such a warm and loving embrace. After that night I realised. I could move on with my life and not feel guilty anymore about my feelings. I love her.

Zara's, P.O.V
He's never done this before. He was holding me so close that I felt like I was almost engulfed by him. He was so warm and comfortable that I felt like I could fall asleep, I could feel myself falling more and more into the comfort of his arms. I eventually slept there with him because at the time, I knew I could trust him.
The next day, Alexander called all of us to the living room.
"What a great sleepover" Jake said cheerfully.
"I'm happy you enjoyed it" Alexander replied.
Everybody was in shock. He seemed so happy and cheerful now. I started to smile when I saw him.

"Alexander" I muttered without realising.
"Call me Alex" he said. He then started to pat my head and it made me feel so happy. Finally he accepts me, finally he likes me.
"Sorry, I went off track there" he noticed " I called you here you give you your costumes".

"Our costumes" Kyle said in surprise.
" Yes, I listened to your conversation and I ordered the costumes"Alex replied." I hope you don't mind that I took the liberate to make myself the groom"
"What!" Shouted Henri in shock. He was planning in his head that he would be the groom but he never said anything. we looked at the clothes. They were very well-made. I then say my clothes and realised some thing.
"How did you know my size" I asked Alex.
" He has perfect eyes" Anthony replied. "He can know anyone's size just by looking at them".

"Yes" Alex said "Your a 16-18 right?".
I was SOOO embarrassed. He just blurted out my size to everyone. I went over to him so angrily and I started hitting him.
"Alex!" I shouted.

When we came back, we went to trick-or-treat in my area. We had so much fun and we got loads of sweets. Afterwards, I tried to imagine if it was real, but I felt embarrassed,that all of them were at my wedding, with Alexander as my handsome groom.