Chapter 6: Recovery

I snuck out of the house and went to a nearby church. I slept there for the night. I just wanted solace from somewhere I could trust 'cause I felt like there was nowhere else I could go and nobody else I could trust. I knew what I wanted to do.

It was Christmas Day.

I went back to my room at about eight o'clock and I just huddled myself in my room. I didn't see anyone. Eventually my mother brought me up my present.
"Merry Christmas" she whispered as she came in.

I didn't reply.

"Here's your present" she told me with a small smile on her face.
I opened it to find a cat in a cage.
"What is wrong with you!" I exclaimed. "This living being could have died, why did you wrap it up? It could have suffocated!"
"Relax, I only wrapped it up right now" my mother replied.

I sighed with relief.

"Brruuh" the cat meowed.
I was surprised. It can't meow properly. It just sounded like it was trying to imitate a stomach growl.

"Take her back" I said.

"But-" my mother hesitated. At least name it".

"Fine" I sighed " her name is Marina, 'cause she looks like a Marina".

"Ok then my mother announced " then I now decree her name as Marina the cat!".

"Then leave" I shouted.

My mother slowly backed out of the room.
I didn't want to let any of them know what I was doing. I just wanted to spend the rest of my time in peace. Days after days past and I didn't leave my room. It was only like, a week but it felt like months. Every hour was agonising and lonely, I wondered if I didn't meet them at all if I would be feeling this, if I would have ever felt this. I refused to eat or drink anything. I didn't want to be noticed or thought of anymore. I even refused to see anyone. Little by little I secluded myself from all of them, and became a shell of my former self.

David's P.O.V
After we didn't see Zara for two weeks. We went to Jake's mansion to discuss our next actions.

"Well, that was unexpected" Kyle sighed.

"Still, I didn't think that Zara would be so weak" Alex commented.

"I noticed it and tried to help but" Sebastian inputted "my initial idea didn't go quite to plan".

"I think we all know that" Jake commented, sounding a little jealous.

"Maybe she wasn't the best person for us-" Robert tried to say but was cut off.
"No!" David exclaimed "Anyone would be shaken up if they were just........ jumped on like that".

"But if she can't handle this then how could she handle........that", Jake questioned woefully. "If she's like this for how many days then how will she be when it happens".

We all went quiet. We realised that if she isn't strong enough then she will not be able to handle us when ........that happens.

"I have an idea but you guys will seriously have to listen to me and do exactly as I tell you" Anthony replied.

He explained his plan in full detail. Outlining all of our parts making me the main person included.

"So, what do you think" he asked.

"It's incredibly risky and there are a lot of plot holes" Sebastian began to say "But in theory it is a full-proof plan".

"But If she doesn't pass then......" I started.

"Then it can't be helped but to........let her go" Anthony answered indifferently.

"No" Jake cried "we can't leave her like that!".