Chapter13: Depression

"I-i don't know what to say" I said with tears rolling down my eyes.

"I just can't believe it....... They're......gone" David commented with a distraught look on his face. He came up and hugged me,until the priest started the ceremony.

We were at the Parkers' funeral.

They died in a house fire. The police suspect arson. As their parents were constantly fighting, they assume that their father committed arson in order to kill his wife and family.

I tried to stay quiet but you could still see the tears rolling down my face. I looked over at Henri and Sebastian.
They looked almost in complete shock as their caskets were being lowered into their graves.

I then, in an attempt to divert my attention from the sadness encircling me, I looked directly at Alex.

Nothing

He had an emotionless face on him. Just staring at their graves with such a sunken look, it terrified me. I wanted to talk to him but he was too far away. After the service I went up to him and asked

"Alex are you ok? "

"Don't worry Zara, I'm as 'ok' as I'll ever be, in fact, I don't think I've ever been better" he replied in a terrifying voice which gave me goose bumps.

He then turned and walked away.

"W-wait, Alex" I called out to him.

He stopped in his treks and turned his head up to his shoulders.

"Zara, I'll always love you, I think my only regret is that I never told you before" He told me in a quiet, melancholic, regretful voice.

He walked away.

After paying my respects. I went home and sat outside on the porch. I began to notice myself staring at the little cross my sister placed in the ground for Marina, our deceased pet.

"It's sad, how things can be taken away from you so easily" I thought to myself.

Tears began to fill my eyes and unwillingly I cried, mourning both my pet and my friends' funeral. I stayed out there until my mother called me.

"Zara, it's time to come in now. It's getting dark" She called in such a soft, kind voice.

I did not reply.

I got up and walked right past her into the house.

I laid down in my bed but kept my eyes wide open because I didn't want to have any dreams or nightmares anymore, so I just laid there............. Until 3am. That was when I got a call from Robert.

"Z-zara....... " He stuttered "T-this is bad. Very, very bad"

"What happened " I asked woefully.

" A-Alex is........ Alex i-is" He tried to say almost choking on his words.

"Robert, please, tell me what happened" I pleaded.

"Alex is in hospital, he committed suicide" He shouted out.

I dropped the phone.

Immediately, I put on shoes and ran out of the house.

I dashed up to the reception.
"Where is Alex!" I shouted out of breath.

"Alexander is in room 203" She replied.

I sprinted over to the room to find Alex lying on the hospital bed with the sheets covering his face. He was gone. I immediately fell to my knees. David rushed to my side as I started hysterically crying. David helped me up and we followed them as they moved his body to the morgue.

"Why is this happening" Robert shouted with his voice shaking "Why is this happening!"

He lost it.

He charged up to Alex's dead body. Henri and Anthony quickly followed him and restrained his arms.

"Why!!!" He exclaimed. His voice echoed through the whole morgue. "Why did you do this! You weren't the only one dealing with the grief, why didn't you talk to us, why!!! Answer me!!!

" Robert, calm down" David reasoned. "He can't hear you now".

"Robert please! Calm down" I called out to him.

He stopped struggling with Henri and Anthony and turned straight to face me.

"Don't you dare speak to me you pathetic girl. This is all your fault. If you didn't stay with us this wouldn't have happened " He insulted me with such a condescending tone. "And you dare try to tell me to calm down. I've seen more prostitutes who are smarter than you.
You dumbass whore. Thinking your so important since you stay with us that you can do whatever you want. You ugly, annoying bitch".

He pushed me out of his way and walked out of the room.

Tears started streaming down my face. I just walked out of the morgue without saying anything. What could I say after such a horrible experience.