Chapter:7 Psycho

David's P.O.V

During the night, Zara was transferred into my personal hospital, though she struggled the whole way there. She wouldn't eat and she refused to speak until the next day. I started to understand why Anthony was so insistent on his plan.
He knew this is what would happen if we left Zara to be like this, that she would never recover and we would have to eventually leave her. I just don't think she would be strong enough now, but she doesn't have to be strong right now, I just have to set up the stage and then wait until the play can commence.

I let Zara's family come visit everyday. Zara's mother would stay by Zara's side while Anastasia would come mainly to talk to me.

As I continued on with the plan, like Anthony asked, I logged it in our personal blog chat. One visit, Anastasia asked me

"David?" .

"Yes" I replied.

"Why do you let me come here?".

"Don't you want to come?".

"Yes.......but" she looked really nervous and she was blushing. I stroked her hair and pulled her close.

"'Cause we're friends" I answered. She smiled at me and laughed slightly.

"Thanks........ It makes me almost wish that Zara-"
" It almost makes me wish that Zara would never come out of hospital........so I could always see you".

"Oh yes, Zara!" I shouted just remembering something. "She seems to be getting a lot better so I'm letting her go home to take proper rest".

"What!" She shouted "that's..........great".

"It is".

"I guess I won't see you much anymore".

"Don't worry, I will come and visit".

"Really!"

"Yea, so why don't we go and help Zara pack".

"Yes!"

Anastasia and I went to Zara's room. The moment Zara saw us she got up immediately.

"David!" She cried "I haven't seen you since............"

Tears were forming in my eyes but I suppressed them, making sure she couldn't see them. I had to make sure she didn't see how I really felt.

"Good to see your fine" I answered with barely any feeling in my voice which made her confused and upset. "You can go home today".

"But you will visit, right?" She asked in a monotone voice, which really surprised me.

"Yes.........."

"Knew it" she replied. "Mother, can you please help me pack".

"Of course dear"

"And David, please help too, Anastasia you can just do whatever you want"

"Of course I'll help you".

I was about to help her up when Anastasia grabbed him by the arm and pulled him into the other room.

"What's wrong!" He questioned sounding slightly angry "why'd you pull me in here!"

"She said I could do whatever I want" she answered childishly "Plus, I wanted to ask you something"

"Yes?"

"Do you like Zara?"

"Why do you ask that?"

"Because.........."

"Because of what?"

"Because I.....because I...........I love you!"
I pretended to be surprised because I didn't want her to know that I knew the whole time.