Chapter Fourteen

Willow's pov

I woke up before Sweet Pea and quickly dressed in a grey tank top, a green flannel, and ripped skinny jeans. I put my shoes on, grabbed my bag, and walked out of his trailer. I walked to school, lost in my thoughts, feeling completely numb. Arriving at school, I saw Jughead waiting for me. We hugged for a minute before lacing our hands together and walking into the school. Everyone's eyes were on us, making me uncomfortable. We usually went through the day, but everything went to hell when we entered the cafeteria. Jughead walked over to Cheryl, making me tense. Cheryl and I made eye contact before she looked at my brother.

Jughead sniffled before giving Cheryl a sympathetic look, "I'm sorry, Cheryl."

Cheryl stood up with a look on her face that made me quickly move Jughead right when she swung and smacked me in the face, she started hitting us and sobbing, but I was making sure to block Jughead as much as I could. Archie quickly grabbed Cheryl and moved her away from me.

"Enough!" Wetherbee walked over to us, "Mr. Jones, Mrs. Cooper. Come with me."

"They were apologizing! They didn't do anything wrong!" Archie called out to the principal

We walked to the principal's office with Wetherbee right behind us. We started being interrogated again, which irritated both Jughead and me. After Wetherbee was done, he finally dismissed us, making us storm out of the office. Betty was waiting for us as we walked out. She wrapped her arm around me, giving me a small smile. I decided to walk away from them and skip the rest of school. My Mom called telling me that I was being kicked out of school because of what happened with Cheryl, and he was worried for my safety. I was angry and upset. My life was being turned upside down all because someone framed my Dad. I decided to stay at my Mom's last night, only they were gone when I went, so they probably don't know. I snuck out first thing in the morning and started going to Pops. Arriving, I saw that Archie and Jughead were heading inside.

"Hey, guys." I greeted

They looked at me with small smiles. "Hey, I was just about to text you," Jug says, holding his phone up. "Where were you?"

I looked at my feet before looking up at them with a fake smile, "Doesn't matter, let's go." I walked inside, going straight to Mary, Archie's Mom, ignoring that my phone kept being blown up by Sweet Pea. We sat with Archie at the window, Jug in the middle, and me at the end.

"Archie asked me to look into your father's case." Mary explained, "So, I went down to the station and passed myself off as his attorney to try and get as much information as possible."

"How's it looking, Mom?" Archie asked

"Well, unfortunately, with FP's list of priors, the anonymous tip, and the possession of the murder weapon-" Mary started but was cut off by Jughead

"Don't forget that pesky confession," Jughead added in

"Things look pretty bad." Mary nodded, looking at Jughead and me, "I was with him all night, and he never once budged from his story."

"Well, if nothing else, at least he's an honest murderer." Jughead joked sarcastically

I smacked his arm, glaring at him, "That's not funny, Jughead."

"Oh, also, who is Joaquin DeSantos?" Mary asked, making me look at her, confused

"He's my friend and also is Kevin's boyfriend." I explained, "Why?"

"He was FP's one phone call," Mary explained.

I sighed while shaking my head. I got up and walked away from them, not wanting to listen anymore. I decided to go and visit my Dad, not caring what my Mother would say.

______________________________________________

Arriving at the police station, I walked straight to Sherrif Keller's office. I knocked on the door, hearing a faint 'enter' before opening the door, making him look at me, confused.

"May I see my Dad please?" I asked 

Sherrif Keller sighed before nodding his head; he stood up and had me follow him to the holding cells. I walked in seeing my Dad staring at the wall.

"Daddy?" I asked

My Dad's head shot up, looking at me shocked, before jumping up and walking over to the bars. "Willow, baby, what are you doing here?"

I walked to his cell and grabbed his hand with tears in my eyes, "I miss you a lot." Then, I saw Sherrif Keller walk out of the room and close the door, making me look back at my Dad. "Why would you confess to something you didn't do?"

Dad looked around us before sighing in defeat, "Look, baby girl, you need to remember that the life we are in isn't safe, and that is why I told Sweet Pea to watch out for you, okay?"

I nodded with a defeated sigh, "So, you're telling me to wait until you come home?"

"I'm telling you I'm doing this to protect you and your brother." Dad sighed

I nodded my head in defeat. "Okay, okay, I understand."

I hung out there for a little while until my Dad told me it was time for me to go home. So, I went outside to the Southside before it got too dark. Arriving home, I saw that there was still caution tape, but I ripped the tape off and walked inside the house. Then, I started cleaning the house and making it feel like home again. It was nighttime when I was done, and I started getting ready for bed when someone knocked on the front door. Opening the door, a worried-looking Sweet Pea greeted me.

"Why haven't you been answering your phone?" Sweet Pea asked, walking into the house

I sighed, closing the door, already knowing that this would happen.

"Do you have any idea how worried I've been?" Sweet Pea asked, "You left before I woke up, ignored all my texts and calls, then you didn't even come back?"

"I'm sorry." Looking at him with tears, I breathed out, "I needed to think. I needed time, and I just saw my Dad today."

Sweet Pea's eyes held a lot of emotions. Anger, worry, sadness, and relief. "What did he say?"

"Told me that I should stick with you and be careful." I said, looking down at my shoes, "At least, that's what I got out of it."

Sweet Pea sighed before wrapping me in his arms; I hugged him back, feeling safe and secure. "Okay, I will stay here until I know you will be safe."

I nodded my head, feeling a lot better staying here now. "Do you want some food?"

We released one another with small smiles, "Yeah, sure."

I made us some food, and we stayed up watching horror movies and eating some food. The best day I've had since my Dad went to jail.