Chapter Nine

Willow's pov

Jughead and I decided to go separate ways. He went to where he was living while I was heading back to the Whyte Wyrm. As I was almost there, I felt like someone was following me. I saw the familiar lights from the bar, which made me take off running. I saw some people standing outside by the motorcycles. As I got closer, I realized that they were Sweet Pea, Fangs, and Joaquin.

"Sweet Pea!" I called out, making them turn to face me.

"Willow?" He called back before they ran towards me. When they reached me, Sweet Pea put his hands on my shoulders with a worried look on his face, "What's wrong? are you hurt?"

"I-I think someone is following me," I informed them.

They looked at each other before looking behind me to see if they saw anyone, "Come on, Will,  let's bring you inside." Joaquin said with a smile

I nodded my head before looking at Sweet Pea and Fangs in concern. Joaquin wrapped his arms around my shoulders before leading me towards the bar. He looked down at my work before his eyes widened in shock.

"What's with that stack of papers?" He questioned

I looked down at my work before giggling, "This is all my work for about three to four weeks. My brother got it for me." 

He nodded with a soft smile on his face, "You are such a nerd." 

"I shall take that as a compliment." I chuckled

We got inside, and I immediately went to the bar where Toni was working. She looked up at me and smiled before cleaning off a spot for me; so my work didn't get wet by alcohol. I sat down before setting my work down on the counter.

"Hey, Toni." I greeted

"Hey, Will. I see you have your work again." She chuckled

I nodded my head with a small smile, "Yep, do you have a pencil on you by any chance?"

She nodded her head before grabbing a pencil from underneath the counter. I gave her a thankful smile before getting to work.

Fp's pov

I was talking to Tallboy when I saw my daughter working on some work down at the bar. I smiled in amusement before seeing Joaquin waving me down by the door. I gave him a confused look before excusing myself from Tallboy and making my way to the front door. I opened the door to see Joaquin, Sweet Pea, and Fangs were standing by the rest of the bikes with stern looks on their faces. I walked up to them with a confused look.

"What's up?" I questioned

"Willow was being followed by someone." Fangs confest

"We think that it was a Ghoulie, but at the same time, we also think it was a Northsider." Sweet Pea informed

Anger coursed through my veins, hearing this, "What!"

"This can't be right. No one knows of her even becoming a Serpent other than her mother, me, and the serpents." I thought, "So, who the hell would come after her?"

"Alright, I want her with someone at all time." Sweet Pea, you and the others must stay with her wherever she goes, got it?"

He nodded his head before we all headed inside. No one is going to lay a finger on her, not while I'm here.

*The Next Day*

Willow's pov

I was cleaning the trailer while Dad was doing a job. I grabbed all the beer bottles and the old moldy food and empty boxes and threw them away. I was playing some music and making the place look liveable. I cleaned Jughead's old room and put two twin beds instead of having them together. I made both beds and made everything tidy. I threw away all the old food and alcoholic beverages and did all the dishes and laundry. After I was done, I put all my school work in my backpack before locking up the house and left, making sure to keep my serpent jacket inside. I got onto my bike before pedaling to Pop's diner. I made sure to text everyone that would worry about me before I left. Arriving at Pop's, I saw that my Mom's car was there, making me smile. I parked my bike and locked it up, so no one would steal it. I walked inside and started looking for my Mom. Once spotting her, I walked over to her with a smile.

"Hey, Mom." I greeted

Her head snapped up from her laptop before she smiled at me. Standing up, she wrapped me up in a hug, making me wrap my arms around her. We sat down in her booth with us sitting across one another. 

"So, what brought you here?" Mom questioned

I shrugged while holding up my backpack, "Just came here to do some work." I informed her, "I just got done cleaning the trailer and getting Jughead's and my room ready, you know when he finally realizes that I kept my word."

She gave me a soft smile as she listened to every word I said. I explained what happened yesterday and how just by being in the Serpents, for just a little while, it feels like home, and I can understand why she and Dad joined in the first place. I can see that she looked a little sad and looked down; she went through memory lane, but that soon ended when I asked about life at home.

"It's not the same without you at the house." She revealed, "Betty misses you, and I miss you as well. Hal hasn't been back, but I might need to let him back into the house before he tries to take the business right from under me."

I nodded in understanding before grabbing her hands and gave her a comforting smile, "Don't worry, Mama, I understand. Just take care of yourself and Betty."

"So." She sniffed, "Where'd you get your tattoo."

I looked around me before sliding my left sleeve up to reveal it, she smiled, seeing it, but I also see a look of fear. I covered it back up before giving her a pleading look.

"Please, don't tell Betty." I pleaded, "I want to tell both her and Jug on my own time. You know when it feels right."

She looked at me, shocked, before nodding her head, "I understand, honey, believe me." 

We smiled at one another before ordering some food and doing our work while discussing life, and when the next time me, her, and even Betty can meet up here. Maybe, one day I can stay at the house while Hal stays somewhere else.