Chapter Seven

Willow's pov

"What the hell are you doing with the Serpents!" He growled

I looked at him, surprised, "I didn't think it was an issue." 

He scoffed, "Of course, it's an issue! They are gang members and drug addicts!"

"You have absolutely no right to tell me who I can and who I can't hang out with!" I said, pointing my finger at him, "You are not my father! You made that clear."

He glared at me. I saw Mom and Betty coming down the stairs.

"What is going on down here-" Mom was cut off with a loud smack.

My head whipped to the side, and I fell to the floor, covering my cheek. My eyes were wide as tears welled up in my eyes. I heard my Mom scream while Betty gasped; I felt Hal grab my hair, making me yelp. I looked into his eyes and what I saw was something evil and dark. Mom was hitting Hal's shoulder while Betty was yelling at him to let me go. It was like something snapped in him, and he immediately let me go, and I dropped back to the floor. I quickly scrambled to my feet and ran upstairs, hearing Mom screaming at Hal while Betty was running after me. I ran into my room, diving onto my bed, and curled into a ball, shaking and crying.

"Will?" Betty whispered

She walked to my bed and sat down before wrapping me into her arms, pulling me into her chest, "He hit me. I can't believe he hit me."

She shushed me while rocking me back and forth. Every tear rolled down my cheek, made it burn. I heard the door slam shut before footsteps running up the stairs. I heard Mom run towards my bed before petting my head and moving hair out of my face.

"Baby girl, are you alright?" She whispered

"I don't wanna be near him, Mom," I whispered, "He looked so evil."

I heard her sigh before she got up and left the room, leaving Betty and me alone.

Alice's pov

I walked out of Willow's room going downstairs while calling the one person I haven't talked to in years. After three rings, he picked up.

"Alice?" I heard

"Fp, we need to talk." I sniffled

"What's the matter? Is Willow, alright?" He asked frantically 

I shook my head with tears rolling down my face, "Uh, no-no, she is not, okay." 

"What happened?" He questioned

"It's Hal, he, uh, he smacked her and looked like he was going to do more if Betty and I didn't stop him." I sniffled while looking upstairs

It went quiet over the phone, making me close my eyes in defeat, "I-I need to talk to you about what to do with Willow and where she will be living for a while."

"We will meet tomorrow, and I will have Willow with Sweet Pea." Fp said, "Alice, keep that fucker away from my daughter."

I nodded, even though he couldn't see me, "I understand."

We hung up from one another before I heard Willow's door close. I looked up to see that Betty was coming down the stairs.

"Mom, should we even let Dad come back into this house?" She asked

I sighed, looking down at the ground, "I don't know, Betty, I think I should let Willow live with her father." I sighed, "She doesn't feel safe here, and I don't feel like she is either."

Betty nodded her head in understanding. I put my hands on her arms, giving her an encouraging smile.

"Go get some sleep. You have school tomorrow," I said, making her nod.

She went upstairs while I walked into the living room. I sat down on the couch and broke down, covering my mouth to quiet down the sobs.

*Next Day*

Willow's pov

I'm sitting in Pop's chocolate shop with my Mom and Dad. I was covering my face with my hair while looking down at my lap. I didn't want to face my father, nor did I want to face my mother. When Hal hit me, it left a bruise, and I didn't want my father to be angry or sad when he sees it. Right now, they were discussing what they should do with me, which ended up in an argument about Hal.

"I wanna be a Serpent," I said, making them look at me shocked.

"W-Willow, you don't know what you are talking about." Mom started, but I shook my head.

"No, Mama. I think I am ready to do something that I am destined for." I said; I looked up, and anger flashed in my Dad's eyes, "You are a Serpent Dad, and Mom, you were a Serpent. I'm sure Dad can make me one since I hang out with them all the time."

They looked at one another with conflicting looks, "I will get the tattoo where no one will see it, I never show skin anyway, so it won't be that hard and-and I will only wear the jacket when I am at the 'Whyte Wyrm'." I promised, while looking at them pleadingly, "Please."

"It's up to you, Alice," Dad commented, "What do you wanna do."

She sighed through her nose, "She better not get hurt, Fp." She demanded

"Alice, it's the Serpents. She'll probably get a bruise here or there but, I have people that will keep her protected, you know that."

She nodded her head before pulling my head towards her kissing my forehead, "You will stay in school, but you may take your homework and school work home until you want to go back, okay?"

I nodded my head with a smile, "Thanks, Mama." 

She nodded her head with a teary smile.

"I can also go back-and-forth from houses too, but I will text you to see if, uh, Hal is at the house." I promised, making her nod, "I already have a packed suitcase, okay?"

"You have this all planned, don't you?" She said softly

I nodded, "Ever since you called Dad last night."

Mom nodded her head with tears in her eyes, "I will drive you to the school, and you can get your work, okay?"

I shook my head with a smile, "Already done. I had Principle Weatherbee collect all my work for about two weeks, so I asked Jughead to pick it up for me and bring it over to Pop's, where we usually meet after school."

"Okay, then I will see you later, okay?" She said with a smile

I nodded my head with a soft smile. Hopefully, I can have a better life living in both houses than just one.