Chapter 2: Life on Earth

So, I tried doing something unique since I didn't want to straight out remove Rimuru from the story. The actual story will begin in the next chapter. I am trying to update more frequently, but the chapter length will decrease due to it. Hope you will like it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

(A Year before Canon Starts)

~~~~~Anos' POV~~~~~

"Rivide"

I activated the spell and fast-forwarded time to more than twenty-four thousand years. After that, I decided to first visit Earth, I am very much interested in seeing the progress of the humans on Earth. So, I just teleported myself to the outer atmosphere of the Earth, and would you look at that? They already have satellites. In my Universe, it wasn't a necessity because of magic, but we still had those for fun. With that, I teleported to the surface of the Earth and landed in what is called Japan.

Looking at this country, seeing almost everyone having a peaceful life and enjoying their time, I decided that I would live in this country for a bit and enjoy life at a slow pace.

(3 months before Canon Starts)

It's been about a year since I started living in Japan, and I have to say that although humans are weak physically, they use their brains to hide their weaknesses. I have also been curious about all this science that was the talk of the town when I came to this planet, and it is indeed a fascinating subject, not that I did not already know all this stuff. The study of living beings is called Biology, the study of the Laws of the Universe is called Physics, and the study of non-living things is called Chemistry. I was even amused when a man said to me that science is not for your average university student. So, I amused myself by 'learning' Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.

I had to the magic <Venejiara> that can interchange between reality and possibility to get my citizenship in Japan. After that, I obliterated University, Graduate School, and Ph.D. all in less than a year. By the time I reached '19' years of age, I was already a renowned prodigy in Japan, but one thing that caught my attention other than science was mangas and animes. I wanted to see what all this fuss was on about. So, once I stopped time using <Rivide> and binge-watched every anime and read every manga in existence in a single day.

But now it was getting boring with the same repetitive lifestyle, I think it is about time I go visit Arber, that Planet is definitely going to amuse me, but before that, I still had one thing to do on this planet. Currently, I was walking on the busy streets of Tokyo thinking of what flavor of milkshake I should have after the delicious Mushroom Gratin at a nearby restaurant when I suddenly came face to face with a man being stabbed by a burglar. Seeing the scene, I just sighed.

No matter how impressive the achievements and development of humanity may be, there is still one thing that I hate about humans, which is their selfishness. Just like I said to Hero Kanon in my Universe.

(Flashback) [In the Mythical Age]

"Did you say 'peace'? After all that's happened, do you really think I can trust such a word? Just how many humans have you killed until now... Demon King Anos Voldigoad?" asked Hero Kanon when I said that I was tired of the war and wanted peace.

"Let me ask you, Hero Kanon. Just how many demons have you killed until now?" I asked him a question that humans oh so casually ignored, but Kanon seems like he realized what I'm trying to say.

"Humans seem convinced that by defeating me, they can bring peace to the world, but is that really true? It must be clear to you by now that until either the humans or the demons are rooted out for good, this war can never end." I said pointing out the flaw in his thinking, he finally must have realized that humans are not the only race that has emotions, we demons have emotions as well.