Chapter 5: King of Dwargon

"Know your place kid," he said while pouring a mug of fruit wine on me. Yare Yare, does this guy have a death wish? Well, I'll just forgive him this time out of the greatness of my heart and due to his ignorance.

But it seems that Kaijin did not take kindly to it because he started to beat the shit out of Vesta while I just used a cleaning spell on myself. Vesta just ran away like a coward.

"Is it really okay, Kaijin, the other side is a minister right? Won't you be unable to stay in this country any longer because of this?" I questioned him while standing up. The others looked at me with surprise as I didn't even have a drop of wine on me remaining.

"What are you saying? A place for me, didn't you already prepare it?" Kaijin asked as I understood what he was doing. But I still had to confirm it.

"But, aren't you working hard because of the King?" I asked.

"Heh, as I thought, you would be concerned about it," he said while rubbing his forehead "If I don't value my benefactor, how can I be happy even if I were to serve a king. If I didn't act here, wouldn't I be putting the king to shame? So, I hope that master will take me with you!"

"Well if you are fine with it then I do not have any problem," I said while smirking.

Due to Kaijin's actions, all five of us were arrested and were going to be trialed tomorrow. However, I was interested in what it felt like to be on a trial since I have never been put on one. So, I didn't resist and let the guards take me to the prison as well.

Sitting in the cell, there was tension between the four-member. So, to ease it up I asked Kaijin a question.

"So, what's the deal with you and Vesta?" I asked while looking at Kaijin.

So, when Kaijin was a captain in the palace's working group and at that time Vesta was his subordinate. Vesta was born a marquis and he was infuriated to be working under Kaijin who comes from a peasant family. The two often had conflicts. At that time, Vesta who impatiently thirsted for achievements acted as the leader of a great project-'Magic Golem Soilder' which ended in a complete disaster. He pinned all the blame on me and as I was his superior, I couldn't help but bear responsibility and resigned from military service.

The rest of the night went just like that and we all chatted to lighten our moods. Just like that, it was time for our trial.

In Dwargon court, only nobles above the rank of earl are allowed to speak freely. Even we, the litigant party were not allowed to speak without permission from the King. One would be judged guilty the moment they speak up, guilty or not will matter little at that point.

Currently, we were sitting on some seats on the lowest floor. Some nobles were sitting on the higher floors, presumably to see how the session would go. On the lowest floor, only the litigant party was sitting. That includes Vesta, Kaijin, Garm, Dord, Myrd, and me.

There were also soldiers lined up in case there was some kind of retaliation from the victims. The judge of this session was the Hero King Gazel Dwargo.

"His majesty, Gazel Dwargo will now enter, "As soon as the head guard said that a man clad in armor entered the room and everyone was already on their knees except for me of course. I mean did anybody seriously believe that a creator will bow down to his creation, that's just ridiculous. But the guards thought otherwise.

"INSOLENCE" what seemed like the head guard shouted and all the guards raised their weapons as if ready to attack. King Gazel himself was just chilling on his seat, I mean he was realizing some of Champion's Haki to show his dominance and he was also trying to analyze my threat level, but all he could see was a normal human.