1. Memories Of A Rooftop

Like every other ordinary day, the highschooler Jung Yi Hyun found himself sitting between his classmates trying hard to focus on the neverending lecture their teacher was giving, making some of them wanting to sleep, others to take the desk & throw it on his head & some were indeed focusing on it. Jung Yi Hyun though wanted to do none of these things. The only thing he wanted was to turn back the time to that day he had that baseball game that made him break his knee. If he could, he would have missed that one game. That one game that seemed like it just destroyed his whole carreer & the looks of pitty on his classmates eyes was not helping the situation at all. Suddenly, he felt like the air on his lungs got stuck. He wanted to get out of there. He wanted to run at the rooftop but he couldn't even do that. He was cursing his whole existence till the moment he reached the rooftop & climbed at the edge. He sighed. So many thoughts passing from his mind & only one question that seemed to be unanswered . What the hell was he going to do with his life now? He took a look at the poster with his photo & name that was hanged at the entry of the school. Now under his name the word destroyed was written. He sighed as he took a look at the sky. Whoever wrote it, was not wrong he thought. He stayed there who knows for how long just taking breaths & looking at the beautiful blue sky. Empty mind, empty thoughts. Just a beautiful blue sky.. His peace though was soon disturbed by sirens & police officers running just underneath of the place he was. He heard someone calling at him. He was completely uninterested on whatever was  happening..

" Jung Yi Hyun, come down. Let's talk..." he heard one of the police officers telling him.

YiHyun actually cursed under his breath. Why couldn't they just let him be in peace.

" Talk from down there" he casually answered completely annoyed on the fact that someone had called the cops & the firefighters too. Soon that police officer that was annoying the hell out of him had came to the rooftop and was trying to negotiate with him to come down.

" I'll make sure you get better. If not I'll make you a police officer" he told him

" I don't want to be a police officer" YiHyun said not giving a second look at the police officer & minding his own business. And just then the door for the rooftop opened revealing a girl who rushed to the side, grabbed a chair and started walking to his side.

" Yoon Sae Bom?" he questioned himself if it was her. What was she doing there?

" Ya, I can't go home because of you" he heard her yelling. "Ahjussi, I will talk to him myself, you stay there".

YiHyun looked at her as she walked closer & closer and finally sat down next to him.

" Tired of life?" she asked him. YiHyun widened his eyes. She in a kind of way had read his mind. " Are you planning to jump?" she continued.

What did she just say? He asked himself but then shook his head.

" No, no it's not like that. I'm just waiting to see how far they can go. Who is the bastard that reported me, yaa?" YiHyun commented.

SaeBom just sighed. YiHyun took a look at her. The way her chin was lifted towards the sky & the breeze that was making her hair fly slowly, was making her look almost unreal.

" Are you worried because you can't play basketball again? " she casually asked.

" That's what I have been doing all my life. I don't know what to do from now on" YiHyun felt annoyed as SaeBom didn't seem to be answering to that & kept looking at the sky.

" What about you? What are you going to do" he suddenly asked on her on an aggressive kind of tone.

" Last year, I wanted to be a nurse now I maybe a police officer. Who knows" she answered as she lowered her eyes to the floor looking at the preparations the firefighters were doing.

" See? You yourself doesn't know & you're older than me" he mocked her.

" I'm just saying there are so many things that you can do. Just take the plunge." she said & stood up offering her hand on him. YiHyun sighed as he looked at the offering hand. He held it & she pulled him up. Their hands united close to his heart, he didn't seem to have a breath as he looked at her. He heard her saying " Like Me.. " and then not even realizing how he found himself flying on the air looking at the culprit who had threw him. A culprit so beautiful that YiHyun found himself smiling as he was falling. When he landed at the cushion, the sun blinded his eyes, his hand covered half of them but he could still see her looking down at him. Now he was smiling even more. He was thrilled from the experience he just had & he felt relieved. As the firefighters helped him out of it, his arm was a bit swollen & his knee was hurting too but it was not like he cared about it. There was that feeling arriving on his chest, a feeling he had never felt before but it was now there & he felt like he just got doomed. The medical staff took care of his arm and just then he saw his beautiful culprit running to him.

" Yah Jung Yi Hyun, tell him you don't want to sue me. He's going to arrest me." she told him in desperate.

He barely heard her though. He was in a full daze looking at her & then his mouth some said words that he himself could not believe.

" Hey, Yoon Sae Bom... " he took a pause." Do you want to date me? " he really got shocked on his own words but he was desperately waiting for her answer.

SaeBom was completely shocked was an understatement. He saw how her pupils dilated on his proposal & he waited to hear what she had to say but SaeBom casually answered " No"

YiHyun didn't know how to feel on that rejection but he felt like he had a chance to get closer to her in that moment. They would get closer, he could just sense it. So he laughed and her eyes widened too.

" It was just a joke, Yoon Sae Bom." he said still laughing.

She had no time to answer when the police officer run to them and asked Yi Hyun if he wanted to sue her something that of course was denied from him. The police officer though insisted to take a picture of them. Both YiHyun & SaeBom stood next to each other annoyed on the cop who was trying to lecture them.

" Look at this picture, remember this day & work hard" he told them.

YiHyun looked at SaeBom who was looking at the Ahjussi with an annoyed expression. He smirked. He liked her presence next to him.

" Is it all over?" she asked.

" Yes you can go" The police officer told them.

SaeBom wasted no time to run, grab her bag & started to leave. YiHyun was still looking at her. She suddenly stopped at her midtracks & turned to look at him.

" Ya Jung YiHyun, I'll see you tomorrow '' she shouted from afar & after a small wave to him she started running to the exit. A soft smile got created to his lips till the moment he couldn't see her anymore.

Just exactly in the next moment he turned his eyes , he saw his mother running to him with tears on her eyes . She immediately hugged him tight in her arms telling him how much worried he made her . Yihyun couldn't feel less sad causing his mom to worry but there was nothing he could do except hug her back and tell her that he was sorry .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      After this eventful day, he was really tired but glad about the events that occurred.  He was now smilling looking at the ceiling from his bed with only one thought on his head .

" SaeBom.. " he whispered. Bom means spring he thought. " Does it mean she will be the new spring coming to my life?" he thought aloud & smiled. He wanted her to be exactly that. He wanted her to stay by his side. He felt she was now a necessity to him. His SaeBom.. His Spring...

.
.
.
.

And with her face on his mind, he fell asleep..