5. Bad Habits

YiHyun & SaeBom was slowly drifting away. Not because they liked to or they wanted to but because the circumstances were leading them to do so. SaeBom was preparing for the Civil service exam and YiHyun was passing his time with other destroyed baseball players. People who were sharing the same fate as him. It was only natural that he could share his pain with them and that was the only reason he was enjoying their company. His life was indeed a total mess. He couldn't play baseball anymore, SaeBom was nowhere near him for the latest months and the cherry on the top of the cake? His parents recently announced to him that they will have to move to the States, thanks to his dad promotion and they were waiting for his answer if he was going to follow or not. YiHyun had no idea what to answer to them. He didnt know if he wanted to go or not. He didn't know if he wanted to leave his country and mostly he didn't want to leave SaeBom. He was very well aware, that a life in States could offer him way more than a life in S. Korea ever could but what if he had a chance to have a life with SaeBom? This was just priceless. A chance. If he left, he will lose it forever.

YiHyun huffed as he took another blow from his cigarette, a habit he had adopted quite recently. When his mind was full and empty on the same time he would light up a cigarette, allowing the smoke to drift his thoughts away and dream of SaeBom. Dream of her smile on a sunny morning, her glowing eyes watching the sunset, her long hair falling freely in her arms...

He always longed to touch those hair and smell them. Her hair was possibly the most attractive thing about her to YiHyun. Probably it was the way she always liked to flip them and their aroma reached to his nostrils. They smelled like jasemine, a flower of the spring. A spring flower that could be so much like her.

He finished his ciggarete and decided to light up one more. Today his burden was huge, it was his deadline. He needed to announce his decision to his parents tonight. The problem was that he still had no decision. If he decided to leave with them, he would possibly never see SaeBom again and if he stayed here, he had no idea how to go on with his life. He took another blow and threw the smoke out of his system.

Through the smoke he could see a blurry figure approaching him with quick steps and before he even realized it, his ciggarete was taken out of his hands and thrown down at the street. YiHyun blinked twice before finally understanding that the person who disturbed his smoking was none other than the person he wanted to see the most. SaeBom!!! SaeBom was right in front of his eyes.

" SaeBom-a" he addressed her finally smiling because she was there.

SaeBom glared at him. " Ya, Jung Yi Hyun. I didn't save you so you could die later on by cancer. Don't you know those shit are pure death?" she was totally pissed, YiHyun could see it from the way her vain was popping into her neck.

" I'm sorry Bom-a" he said and lowered his head like a puppy who just got scolded from his owner.

" Aish" SaeBom huffed. " Since when have you developed this deadly habit?" she asked glaring at him even more. YiHyun sensed like she could rip him in parts only with her eyes.

" It's been time..." he said scratching his neck.

" Why did you start this?" she asked showing the ciggarete that she had previously thrown away.

" At first it was just for fun, because the other guys did so too" he admitted. " But then I felt like I was needing it, I was frustrated, alone and you weren't here.." he suddenly said not realizing what he had just confessed .

" What do you mean? I'm always here. You could have just called if you wanted to see me." SaeBom stated.

YiHyun just looked at her and then took from his bag the packet of cigarettes and light up one more completely ignoring all the previous words she said.