3. Nightmares

SaeBom stood up abruptly on her bed, feeling her whole head being dizzy & her body being weak. Her breaths were ragged as she was desperately trying to scream but no voice was coming out of her. She turned to her bedside & managed to switch on the lightbulb. She looked around her room in hope that her mom was there but she was all alone. SaeBom grabbed a plastic bottle & drank a bit of water, trying hard to come back to her senses. It was in vain. Those nightmares were coming to her every night ever since that accident that almost took her life. SaeBom started crying as much silent as she could. She didn't want to disturb anyone, knowing really well that if her father woke up, the consequences would come to both her & her mother. More tears fell from her eyes, as her fear for her father became bigger than her fear for the nightmares.
She buried her head into the pillow & let her tears release there freely. SaeBom hated the life she was living now. She wanted to get far away from it. She wanted to be freed from all those fears & nightmares that was trying to weaken her but sometimes she indeed felt like she had no power to fight against them. And that night was one of those times that she only wanted to hug her pillow and cry, cry, cry till she had no more tears left...

*****

YiHyun reached at the doorgate of their school and was waiting for SaeBom to arrive. They had decided to meet there to discuss about their assignment. He was feeling excited as he was going to see her again soon. His excitement though got replaced with anger when he saw her gloomy face & even her posture, the way she stood next to him looked weak. She was looking nothing like her. He was ready to ask her what was going on but she silenced him.

" Don't ask anything" she told him in a really weak voice and proceeded to walk inside the school. YiHyun followed her silently, trying hard to read her expression. The features on her face were hard and she looked like she either was all set to cry or punch someone on the face. He really couldn't differ if there was sadness or anger more evident in her eyes. SaeBom kept walking inside the hallways of the school not caring about YiHyun's presence next to her. She actually didn't want him there at this moment. She wanted to go somewhere where she can be all alone. Seeing no other choice, she started running in order to get away from him. She hated that she was doing it to him but she wanted to stay only with herself.

He immediately understood in what direction she was running to. It was the same direction he tried to run but couldn't a few days ago. YiHyun sighed as he started chasing after her in the quickest way possible to walk. His knee felt a bit sore, but there was no way he was going to leave her up there all alone. He didn't know why she was like this but what his mother taught him was that when people scream they want to be alone, they actually want someone to stay by their side & listen to their heart. So he kept walking his way to the rooftop where he was 100% sure SaeBom was.

Climbing the stairs felt like eternity to him and both his knees felt weak when he finally managed to open the door that leaded to the rooftop. He immediately saw SaeBom sat down at the floor, hiding her head inside her hands. He felt relieved that she wasn't as much crazy as him & she didn't sit on the edge like he did. He started taking slow steps closer to her only to realize that her body was shaking. " is she crying?" he questioned himself as he got near to her. SaeBom immediately felt his presence and raised her eyes to look at him. YiHyun really couldn't differ the look in her eyes. He thought she was crying but her eyes showed no emotion at all.

" Aish, I run to get away from you but you followed me.." SaeBom said in annoyance.

YiHyun though completely ignored her words and sat down next to her. He felt his knee being in a bit of pain in the process but still plopped down next to her.

" I thought you understood you can't escape from me " was his only answer towards her and it indeed made SaeBom smile.

" Now that you are getting better, I will have a hard time running away from you" she agreed.