6. To the Millitary

SaeBom had managed to ace at the Civil service exam and passed at the SOU academy. YiHyun couldn't be prouder. He had immediately commented that it is totally her style hunting down the terrorists and SaeBom had laughed very hard on that telling him that their country was now on the safest hands. YiHyun had only nodded knowing that she wasn't lying. If there was someone capable enough to actually catch the terrorists, that would definitely be SaeBom.

Currently they were sitting at their usual place, a restaurant that had the best Korean pork skin and it was located near YiHyun's old home. His parents had moved to the states and YiHyun went to live with his friend il ho and together they were also running the baseball rookie academy. An academy were rookie players were getting trained and destroyed players like him had a chance to join the game too. He was getting paid by it and the money were not great but great enough to make his living.

They were there tonight to finally celebrate SaeBom's success. SaeBom didn't have many people to invite at her celebration except YiHyun and Jungkook ahjussi that they were still waiting for him. SaeBom took a bite from the pork skin and moaned making YiHyun widen his eyes. She was looking ever so cute and had the pleasure wholy written on her face. In short, she was extremely happy and YiHyun could just not take his eyes away from her.

SaeBom suddenly shoved a piece of lettuce with meat inside his mouth making YiHyun choke.

" Eat" she demanded and YiHyun galped it down in once, smiling after it.

" Oh You're here" SaeBom said noticing Jungkook ahjussi who had finally arrived and was looking very tired.

" Hyung, take a seat" YiHyun said and helped him plop down next to him.

" Oh YiHyun, the letter from the Millitary has arrived" Jungkook ahjussi informed him, making SaeBom choke and YiHyun gasp.

" Already?" YiHyun asked shocked.

" Don't worry, you're not getting enlisted tomorrow" Jungkook ahjussi said tapping his back. SaeBom grabbed the letter out of his hands and started reading it.

" He's getting enlisted next month in the borders of South - North Korea?" SaeBom read out loud and then glared at the paper and threw it at the table.

" I served there too" the cop ahjussi said happily.

" Why are you sending him to the mouth of the wolfs? She questioned angrily hitting with her fist the table making YiHyun flinch.

" SaeBom-a.. It's.. " The cop ahjussi tried to reason but SaeBom was not finished.

" Isn't that the most dangerous place to serve?" she asked but mostly stated.

" It was not my decision where he was going to serve" Jungkook ahjussi tried to explain.

" But you could have helped him.." SaeBom argued.

" It's not in my power" Jungkook ahjussi defended himself.

" Total crap, he's not going there. There's no way he's going there were murders are considered accidents and people comitte suicide just for good morning." she angrily stated and run out of the store.

Jungkook ahjussi tried to stand up to follow her but YiHyun run after her instead.

" SaeBom-a " he called her. She was at the corner hitting her feet on the floor angrily.

" You're not going there " she screamed at him.

" SaeBom-a please calm down. It's not a big deal" YiHyun tried to reason with her only to come against of a dead glare of her that made his blood freeze inside his veins.

" Annualy we hear of those deaths that happen while serving the Millitary, most of them being called accidents and the biggest percentage of them being suicides, you're not going there." she strictly said.

" Bom-a, those things can happen at any place and anyway I don't have much of a choice. " YiHyun explained at her.

" This day was supposed to be my happiest " SaeBom said out of nowhere while looking at the empty wall in front of her. " Now, there's nothing to celebrate " she said and heeded inside the store.

She grabbed her bag and called a waitress to pay her. YiHyun rushed to stop her but SaeBom said that she was the one who invited them so she was going to take care of it, but then she was informed from the waitress that everything was already paid. SaeBom gave a soft smile to Jungkook ahjussi like asking for forgiveness and thank you on the same time and then rushed out of the store with YiHyun running behind her for the umpteenth time today. Jungkook ahjussi followed him out and then they both stared at SaeBom's retreating figure.

" What's wrong with her? Why is she so mad?" the cop ahjussi asked him.

YiHyun smiled. " She's worried for me".

YiHyun liked it when she was worried about him. He even liked it when she was mad at him like now. It was melting his heart because she cared. It was a step. A step of those that could lead him straight to her heart. That's what he wanted. He wanted her to miss him when he's gone so that when he returns she will run straight into his arms and tell him, she missed him. But SaeBom wasn't like this and YiHyun knew it.

*****

The day of his departure had arrived and ever since that night, he was not able to get a hold of SaeBom. He knew she was angry but now he was angry and sad too. He was at the train station, from time to time he was going to leave and she wasn't there to see him off. This was causing a burning hole into his heart. Everyone had started getting inside the train and was waiting for him but YiHyun was looking through the crowd waiting to see the long black hair of SaeBom appearing but they didn't seem to be there.

" YiHyun-a, it's time" Jungkook ahjussi told him holding him by his arm.

YiHyun galped. " If you see her, tell her to take care" was the only words he said before hugging his Hyung and walked to the door of the train.

Just the moment his step got inside the train he heard a faint sound of his name and turned his head only to look at SaeBom who was running through the crowd with her long hair bouncing behind her. YiHyun smiled and exited the train running to her side.

SaeBom was panting as she reached him and YiHyun was smiling at her holding her arms.

" You said.. You were never.. Going to leave without saying Goodbye" SaeBom said breathlessly.

" I wasn't but you weren't here so I said what I wanted to tell you to Jungkook ahjussi." he told her.

" What did you tell him?" she asked.

That " I Like You" was the words he wanted to say and then run but he instead said.

" Take care Bom-a, I'll see you soon"

" Ya Jung YiHyun, if you come back just with a tiny scratch I'm going to kill you" she threatened him with her finger.

" I will come back totally unharmed, I promise" he said and laughed.

" You better" she said a bit pleadingly this time.

" YiHyun, board on" Il ho shouted at him.

" Bye Bom-a" he waved at her and turned to leave but she held his hand tightly on her palms.

" Take care Jung Yi Hyun" she said with a constant worry on her face and let go of his hand.

YiHyun smiled at her and run to get board on just in time before the train took off.

He looked at her as the train was moving. She was still there waving at him with a smile on her face, a painful one, YiHyun could easily recognize. He could even swear he saw a tear falling on her pretty face but everything became totally blurry as the train started moving faster and soon SaeBom became only a blurry figure on the further distance of him. But she was still the most livid image on his mind and the only person he wanted to return to.. The only person his heart belonged to and the only person he wanted to give his days to. To SaeBom....