Prologue

"And just like that ladies and gentlemen, the curtain officially closes on this year's Formula Two season and Jack Harris is the new FIA Formula Two World Champion."

The voice of the Formula Two commentator, Adam Clarke, announced as the bright red F2 livery car crossed the line closely followed by two others just milliseconds behind him.

This year's Formula Two season had been highly competitive and went down to the final feature race of the year making it an interesting one to watch and follow through the year.

"What are you smiling at?" Lily Bennett asked looking at her father who was standing next to her in the pit lane watching on at the crowd of teams rushing towards the end of the pit lane.

"I like that kid." John replied with a smile on his face as he took of his headphones and handed them over to a member of the team.

"Dad, you can't be serious. He's 19 years old." Lily spoke as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"So are you." Her father said looking down at his only daughter.

"Yeh but you're not considering hiring me to race for the team next season." Lily reminded him as she gave him a look knowing exactly what he was thinking.

"There's a reason for that." John spoke with a smile causing Lily to gasp.

"Hey." Lily said as she used her hands to push her father. "I'm offended. Seriously though, what will the team think?"

"The team is all for it. We've sent an email to his manager and we're hopefully gonna have a meeting next week." The team principal explained as he looked down at his daughter looking happy.

"So you're serious about this then?" Lily questioned as she could hear the cheering happened down at the end of the pit lane as the new Formula 2 champion pulled up.

"Deadly serious." John nodded in reply. "Youth and experience. Could be an interesting pairing."

"True. Now come on. Let's go see your potential new driver collect his trophy." Lily spoke as she grabbed her dad's arm and pulled him in the direction of the podium before the celebrations started.

The pair walked down the pit lane approaching the crowd of people from the three teams' of the drivers that were up on the podium waiting to collect their trophies.

John Bennett kept his eyes firmly on his new target while also keeping far enough back in the crowd not to be spotted by anyone.

He was hopeful for the future own that involved the youth of Jack Harris and also the experience of his other driver David who was also a former world champion.

Things were looking good and John was excited to see what the future would hold for him and his team.

—————

I've always wanted to write my own formula one book and here it is. Just a short little introduction to things so you kind of know where things will pick up in the first chapter.

Hope you all enjoy and let me know what you think.

-ky❤️