2

Lily stood on the balcony of the garage watching as the team send David out for qualifying. The track was relatively quiet right now with only the two Audi cars, and the Maseratis.

After a few minutes, Jack was sent out but the track was a lot busier right now just as David started his fast lap.

Lily looked at the live timing screen on her phone and watched as David set the fastest time just as Armani and Fenous decided to send out their cars.

Jack finished his first flying lap and managed to go 9th fastest overall. Lily nodded as she watched the rookie slow down and charge his battery for the next lap.

There was roughly 7 minutes left in the session and the team called David in as he was currently 2nd fastest and they wanted to get ready for Q2.

Jack was still pushing in order to make it out of Q1 for his first Formula One qualifying session of his career.

Unfortunately he missed out on that by just a couple tenths of a second. Jack returned to the garage and got out of the car. He briefly spoke with his engineers before heading to get changed out of his suit.

By the end of the session David managed to qualify P6 which gave him a good starting point for some good overtaking during tomorrow's race which this Austrian was very good at.

Lily left the balcony and walked back down towards the garage where David was being wheeled back into the garage while Jack's car was already there and the driver no where in sight.

"Nice job David." Lily said as she walked passed the older man as he finished talking to his race engineer.

"Hey Lily. Thanks." David smiled at the young girl as he used a towel to wipe the sweat from the back of his neck.

Lily continued to walk through the garage and across the pit lane where her father was sat talking to Ross and Alan, the team strategist, about the session and tomorrow's race.

"Hey Lils." John spoke as she spotted his daughter approaching.

"Hey guys." The brown haired girl replied. "I'm gonna head back to hospitality. I'll see you there."

Lily bid goodbye to everyone on the pit wall and and walked towards the garage. She walked careful through the garage making sure she didn't get in anyone's way.

The paddock was relatively busy post qualifying with interviews taking place down at the media pen as Lily made the short walk from the garage to the hospitality building.

"Hello love." Louise spoke as the Bennett girl walked inside.

"Hi Louise." Lily replied as she walked through hospitality towards where the older woman was stood behind a counter. "What did you think of that?"

"David did very well. Unfortunately not the start Jack would have wanted for his first qualifying." Louise said nodding to the young boy who was sitting across the room on the phone.

"Yeh. Hopefully he'll do better tomorrow." Lily spoke as she turned back from looking at the rolls to the woman in front of her.

"Fingers crossed. Can I get you anything love?" The older woman asked.

"I'm good thanks. I'm just gonna wait in dad's office until he comes back." The brown haired girl explained.