7

Lily power walked through the paddock with an umbrella over her head to try and avoid getting wet on her way to the team's garage for the start of the race.

In the principality that is Monaco, the weather was incredibly unpredictable at times and this weekend was one of those. The weather had been fine up until last night when the rain clouds set in and looked like they were there to stay.

Lily was thankful for the paddock being slightly smaller in Monaco due to the limited space meaning it didn't take long for her to get through it and arrive in the Bennett F1 garage.

She shook the rain from her umbrella once she was safely under the shelter of the garage entrance before leaving it in the rack full of other Bennett branded team umbrellas.

The brown haired girl made her way further into the garage and greeted her mother who just about to make her way upstairs towards the viewing gallery above the team's garage.

"Hey mum." Lily greeted her mother with a smile and a hug.

"Hello love. I'm just heading upstairs, are you coming?" Her mother wondered.

"No thanks. I prefer watching from here." Lily replied as she grabbed her headphones from the wall.

"Okay dear. See you after the race." Diane told her daughter before heading upstairs.

Lily always enjoyed watching a race from the garage as she felt really close to the action. Knowing the pit stops were happening just meters away and being able to see them in person was such a buzz.

The brown haired girl placed her headphones around her neck as she watched on the screen as the drivers took off for the formation lap in the lashing rain.

After the we're about 3/4 of the way around, the FIA decided to red flag the race until they could assess the situation and the weather.

Monaco was a tight, twisty and dangerous circuit as it was never mind what would happen if you added heavy rain into the mix.

Lily placed her headphones on and listened to the conversation between the two Bennett Racing drivers and their respective race engineers who were sat up safe and dry upstairs in the pit wall room.

Because Monaco was such a tight track already it was impossible to have the pit walls located in the pit lane like usual so instead the Monaco GP had 3 level garages for each team with one of this levels including each team's individual pit wall where they could see out on the track from above.

The garage quickly emptied as the mechanics rushed out into the pit lane as the drivers came in in their respective places according to the grid order so one half of the mechanics went to David in P8 and the rest to Jack in P11.

Lily began to become bored as there was nothing going on and very few people in the garage for company so she began to think about Friday night's charity event.

Her and Jack had spent most of the night getting to know each other, asking various questions about their lives and their childhoods, as neither of them really wanted to be there in the first place.

They had even exchanged phone numbers at the end of the night and meet up for breakfast in the Bennett hospitality building the following morning.

This new bubbling relationship had not gone unnoticed by several members of staff at Bennett Racing with the information evening getting relayed to John Bennett himself.

John didn't comment on the situation, nor did he mention it to his wife or his daughter. He trusted his daughter enough to come to him when she felt comfortable enough to talk about her new friend regardless of whether the relationship went further than that or not.

—————

Lily was now in a place she never liked being when she was at the race track, the Formula One medical centre.

Chase had unfortunately been in an accident about 15 laps before the end of the race and Lily had decided to meet him there when she heard that was where he was being brought.

He had a heavy collision with the barriers after losing control of his Audi F1 car on a sloppy part of the track.

He had already been brought in for examination when she arrived at the medical centre so Lily was now sat in the waiting room watching as the race finished with Mateo Fernandez, Chase's teammate won the race.

The pair were a pretty even driving pairing and were also first and second currently in the driver's standing with the injured party being the latter.

David had finished P10 after having some engine issue and Jack had managed a P8 finish which was still some points for himself and the team.

"Chase." Lily spoke as she stood up when the door to the examination room opened to reveal her friend with his race suit wrapped around his waist.

"Lily, what are you doing here? You didn't need to come down here." Chase told her as he rolled his shoulder, the one that had received the most impact in the crash.

"I had to make sure you were okay." Lily replied to him as she crossed the room to close the gap between them before wrapping her arm around the Brit.

"Ow Lil." The Audi driver winced in pain but was also pleased to see his friend and had enjoyed the hug.

"Right. Sorry." Lily apologised as she stepped back. "So what's the verdict?"

"He's fine. A little bruised and banged up but nothing a few pain meds won't fix." The doctor spoke as he exited the examination room with a box of pain killers in his hand. "2 of these now and another 2 before you go to bed tonight."

"Thanks Doc." Chase smiled as he accepted the pain killers before realising he had no where to put them.

Lily stuck out her hand without saying a word and Chase slipped the box into her hand before the girl placed them inside her bag.

"Come on, let's get you back to your drivers room." Lily told the driver as the pair left the medical centre together and made their way back to the Audi hospitality building.

—————

Hopefully I'm back🤞🏻 gonna try and write a few chapters while I'm in the mood to write so I can upload them soon for you guys when I run out of inspiration.

Please let me know what you'd guys think so far and any suggestions or ideas for what you would like to see happen would be greatly appreciated! I'll take all the inspiration I can!!